Just put a P238 on layaway
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just put a P238 on layaway

Just put a P238 on layaway

I guess we will see how it goes? I've read some good and bad reviews, but I've always wanted a full-featured pocket pistol and this fits the bill! I have a big fat paycheck coming this week so I'll either have it this week or next. It will be my first Sig! I have shot a P220 full size, loved it. Shot a P226 full size, hated it. That is the only experience I have with them... What are your thoughts/opinions? I would love to hear them!
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

My wife bought this gun yesterday.. Hope to go shoot it on Saturday...
    Noticed one issue when we got home that the front sight was too far to the right.. I could have drifted it, but hey, It's a brand new gun.. Let the dealer fix it.. They did..
    Purchased two additional magazines for it over the internet..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Where are you at in FL? I do my shooting at Jay's Guns & Accessories in Panama City. Do you know of any good outdoor ranges?

Haven't had a chance to finger the P238 yet, but I carry a P250 9mm compact as my everyday weapon. I love my Sig. I am going to get the sub compact conversion kit when it is available so I can make it a little smaller for those deeper cover areas I amay want to carry in. Let us know how the 238 shoots when you get it to the range. I ahd been looking at it as a pocket gun also.

Semper Fi

Took my P238 to the range for the first time on Monday. It ate up 100 rounds of Blazer 95 grn TMJs without a single hiccup. I decided to break-in this gun with ball ammo only after reading about issues with loading 6+1 and problems with feeding some kinds of hollow-points. By the way, my sights are off a bit too...about 2" @ 7 yards.

The sight issue aside, I'm very pleased with this gun. I usually shoot a 1911 so the P238 felt somewhat familiar. My groups were noticeably tighter when I used a Colt Mustang magazine with the pinky extension. I also liked that I could load the Colt mag with 7 rounds. I wouldn't use the pinky extension mag for pocket carry but I might with a belt holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan H View Post
    Where are you at in FL? I do my shooting at Jay's Guns & Accessories in Panama City. Do you know of any good outdoor ranges?
    I'm in the Tampa area.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I'm very happy to read some positive reviews from you guys here, as opposed to some of the other reviews out there on the net. I plan on bringing 100 rounds of FMJ and 20 rounds of Hydra-Shoks with me when I pick it up. I'm going straight from the sales counter with it into the firing range. I plan on field stripping it at my booth, giving it a quick cleaning, get familiar with it, and RUN it! I will definitley let everybody know what is going on with this fine looking little gun. :)

Thumbs up P238

Took the wife's P238 out for a spin today...
    Went thru about 70 FMJ's and 6 JHP's
    The gun shot almost flawlessly.. (Had one issue that the slide did not lock back on the final round.
    At 25 feet - I was able to shoot a group of six within about 5 inches.

Very impressed with this gun.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Well, I got mine today! Turns out it feeds range ammo fine, but will not load Hydra-Shoks at ALL. Not even the first round. From slide release or by racking hard. It just won't load them. Gonna pick up a box of Gold Dots and see how they do. :( I hope to shoot it tomorrow.

thats one nice looking hand gun. i was fondling one in a gun shop the other day then i looked at the price tag, and almost droped it on the gournd. Six hundred dollars for a .380 auto is just amazing to me. Im sure thier great guns ,and i hope u guy's have good luck with yours. maybe if i win the lottery ill be able to afford one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast