Performance Mods for a Glock model 30 / .45 cal.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Performance Mods for a Glock model 30 / .45 cal.

  1. #1

    Performance Mods for a Glock model 30 / .45 cal.

    Hi guys,

    I'm new to the forums, hope this is in the right place for my question.

    I have a Glock model 30, in .45 cal. Bought it new & I've put about 3500 rounds through it with absolutely no malfunctions of any kind and love the gun, although it is a bit thick due to the double stack.

    I'm curious about modifications to improve performance, & to reduce trigger pull slightly. Also interested in adjustable sights.
    Lots of products out there to choose from. Which ones work, or what would you recommend ?

    Thanks

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG. View Post
    Hi guys,

    I'm new to the forums, hope this is in the right place for my question.

    I have a Glock model 30, in .45 cal. Bought it new & I've put about 3500 rounds through it with absolutely no malfunctions of any kind and love the gun, although it is a bit thick due to the double stack.

    I'm curious about modifications to improve performance, & to reduce trigger pull slightly. Also interested in adjustable sights.
    Lots of products out there to choose from. Which ones work, or what would you recommend ?

    Thanks
    Hi Mike. Welcome! Here are a couple of places you may want to check out;

    GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

    Topglock.com: Glock Accessories, Glock Handguns, Glock Barrels, Glock Parts, Glock Sights and Glock Lasers

    As far as performance modifications, I would be really careful about doing any kind of modding to a Glock. They usually almost always work great right out of the box. And since you have had a flawless performance out of your Glock thus far, I would tend to leave well enough alone. You may want to check out the Glock 36 "slimline" if you would like a smaller grip. "Glock Fan" may want to weigh in on this one too..

  4. #3
    Haven't you ever seen the little signs saying "If it ain't broke then don't fix it"? I understand you wanting to improve it but if you have 3,500 rounds with absolutely no problems then rather than trying to fix it I would look for an ADDITIONAL gun to use. As for the thick grip not much you can do about that. That is the main reason I don't care for Glocks. If you start modifying it you are then running into the possibility of hurting the reliabilty so look at getting something else to experiment on. I know it is tempting but as Glock owners say"It is impossible to improve on perfection".

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Mike:

    Along with the links previously posted by Glockster, you can check out Lone Wolf Distributors at: Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page

    They no longer do the grip reduction in house, but have links to a couple of very competent Glocksmiths.

    The LWD trigger jobs are great as well. If you're using the gun for duty or SD, you may want to consider training with OEM parts. Aftermarket parts sometimes cause failures and are not often authorized by many LE Agencies. As for use in personal SD, IANAL, but can imagine that opposing counsel could make a case against you for using a part not explicitly authorized by the gun manufacturer.

    Happy shooting!




    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  6. #5
    thanks guys.....ok, how about those Trijicon sights, and the supposedly better barrels?

    I'm not looking to re-invent the wheel of course, just anything that may be an actual improvement.

    As far as the grip, it was a tad awkward at first, but now I'm used to it.
    I have added the finger grip extensions to the clips, and like them.

    thanks for the links. I'm just new to Glock, and am still learning the ropes as far as what works, and what is a waste of money or worse.

    Also what is a good holster for the model 30, i prefer to carry strong side, I'm left handed.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG. View Post
    thanks guys.....ok, how about those Trijicon sights, and the supposedly better barrels?

    I'm not looking to re-invent the wheel of course, just anything that may be an actual improvement.

    As far as the grip, it was a tad awkward at first, but now I'm used to it.
    I have added the finger grip extensions to the clips, and like them.

    thanks for the links. I'm just new to Glock, and am still learning the ropes as far as what works, and what is a waste of money or worse.

    Trijicon or Glock night sights would be an excellent accessory.

    Not sure if you have a genuine Glock though as they don't make one chambered in .30-06, or revolvers. The only semi-automatic firearm on the market that I know of that uses "clips" is the M1 Garand rifle chambered in .30-06. As for handguns, I know that there are revolvers that take "moon clips" or "half moon clips".

    If you're talking about adding the MAGAZINE extensions, I find them to be an excellent accessory for the "sub compact" line of Glocks. My favorite manufacturer is "Pierce" but the "Schearer" brand is popular as well.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  8. #7
    HaHa.....Yes the Magazines!.... I concede the point.

    Us hicks tend to call all such things "clips" 'cause it's easier to pronounce!

    Thank you for your help.

  9. #8
    My G30 has trijicon night sights. I love 'em!

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Trijicon or Glock night sights would be an excellent accessory.

    Not sure if you have a genuine Glock though as they don't make one chambered in .30-06, or revolvers. The only semi-automatic firearm on the market that I know of that uses "clips" is the M1 Garand rifle chambered in .30-06. As for handguns, I know that there are revolvers that take "moon clips" or "half moon clips".

    If you're talking about adding the MAGAZINE extensions, I find them to be an excellent accessory for the "sub compact" line of Glocks. My favorite manufacturer is "Pierce" but the "Schearer" brand is popular as well.



    gf
    Do you have any information on those "frame plugs" for Glocks that go into the bottom of the frame near the mag well? I have one on my G23 and one on my G27. I purchased a G30SF a few months back and I cannot locate a frame plug for that model. Do you have any suggestions?

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Arapahoe County CO
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG. View Post
    I'm curious about modifications to improve performance, & to reduce trigger pull slightly. Also interested in adjustable sights. Lots of products out there to choose from. Which ones work, or what would you recommend ?
    For all my Glocks, I like (a) Glock night sights, (b) Ghost 3.5 pound connector, (c) Glock competition trigger spring. Items b and c together reduce the trigger pull force from the stock 5.5 pounds down to about 4.

    Note: this is just my answer to MikeG's questions. If someone thinks these are horrible ideas, starting a debate would be off the topic of this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast