glock troubles - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: glock troubles

Thanks for the quick reply, I was shooting a friends new glock 40 cal. and was looking for any differences between mine and his, there was little play in the 40 compared to my 9, just wondering!!

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, I was shooting a friends new glock 40 cal. and was looking for any differences between mine and his, there was little play in the 40 compared to my 9, just wondering!!
    My G19 and G23 have the same amount of play. Then again, both have over 20k rounds through them.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Sometimes you get a firearm that just won't work properly. My 33 has seen two Glock armorers. Tweaked, polished, ramped and still won't chamber a FMJHP. Right now it's a dust collector in one of my safes. One of these days I'm going to call Glock and see what they can do with it.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    ...has seen two Glock armorers. Tweaked, polished, ramped ...
    I think I just found your problem.

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Sometimes you get a firearm that just won't work properly. My 33 has seen two Glock armorers. Tweaked, polished, ramped and still won't chamber a FMJHP. Right now it's a dust collector in one of my safes. One of these days I'm going to call Glock and see what they can do with it.
    I know of a guy here itching to get his hands on any Glock chambered in .357 sig. He'll probably be interested if the price is right.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    WHAT? I thought Glocks were made by God! What happened to "Glock purfection"?

Simple, they spelled it perfection!!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I know of a guy here itching to get his hands on any Glock chambered in .357 sig. He'll probably be interested if the price is right.

gf
    I think I'm going to keep it. What will my 27 do without the 33 keeping it company in the safe.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Picked up the 19 today was told it was fine?? Put about 100 rounds thru it, federal fmj 115. Seemed ok BUT it still didnt like the cor-bon, I guess ill try a diff SD round and see what happens. I may be grasping at straws, but I was giving it a once over and noticed the trigger bar was not centered on the firing pin safety as the trigger engaged, I was looking from the bottom with no magazine. the trigger bar seemed to slide off to the side as it depressed the safety, on my buddys it was dead center. I might try a new one just for the heck of it.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Picked up the 19 today was told it was fine?? Put about 100 rounds thru it, federal fmj 115. Seemed ok BUT it still didnt like the cor-bon, I guess ill try a diff SD round and see what happens. I may be grasping at straws, but I was giving it a once over and noticed the trigger bar was not centered on the firing pin safety as the trigger engaged, I was looking from the bottom with no magazine. the trigger bar seemed to slide off to the side as it depressed the safety, on my buddys it was dead center. I might try a new one just for the heck of it.
    I personally like Speer Gold Dot ammo in 124 grain for my Glock 19. I've heard folks having trouble with Cor-Bon ammo. Never tried it myself because I didn't want to fork out that kind of cash.

Hope all goes well with your Glock and you figure out the best round for you.

gf

11. Glock fan, what is the best brand ammo for the Glock 23 40 s&w ?

I used car-bon 9mm 124 grain + p for smith wesson
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast