glock troubles - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: glock troubles

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Say what?

You can leave a mag fully loaded for years and it isn't "tough" on the spring. What wears out springs is cycling them and what damages springs is exceeding their elastic limit (over stretching or compressing). Simply loading a mag to capacity and leaving it alone does neither of those things.

ETA: Magazine spring madness: 'creep' to your 'elastic limit' to un-earth the urban legend of 'spring-set' | American Handgunner | Find Articles at BNET
    Agreed, magazines are meant to be loaded, as in that is what they were designed for. That's like saying a bottle of booze wears out if you leave it full too long.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I've noticed that on these forums when a Glock is said to have issues that there are many who can't pass up the rare chance to nanny-nanny-boo-boo Glock... To me, that's just a testament to Glocks reliability!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

4. Why is it that all the weirdos come out of wood work when you mention the work Glock, similar when to when someone mentions Ron Paul.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I've noticed that on these forums when a Glock is said to have issues that there are many who can't pass up the rare chance to nanny-nanny-boo-boo Glock... To me, that's just a testament to Glocks reliability!
    What exactly is a nanny-nanny-boo-boo Glock..........

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Why is it that all the weirdos come out of wood work when you mention the work Glock, similar when to when someone mentions Ron Paul.
    "work Glock", as in Glocks work, and quite well for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    I noticed something before I sent my 19 in for service. With the slide open and locked, and the barrel ready to receive round, there seemed to be a lot of play in the barrel, meaning I could move it front to rear approx 3/16 of an inch. Is that normal or should it be relatively fixed. If the gun is pointed up then down the barrel will move in and out, seemed unusual?
    This isn't a problem. The barrel is not secure when the slide is locked open and some movement may occur.

Regarding causes of the feed issue, there are a lot of possible causes so let's look at the common denominators:

1. Are you limp wristing? Does this happen with all Glocks?
    2. Try polishing the feed ramp with a little Flitz.
    3. Are there grooves in the magazine followers? Deep grooves from high use can change the angle of the bullet as it touches the feed ramp. Try getting new followers for the mag. They're about $5 each
    4. Weak mag springs may contribute to this as the round is not in position to be stripped off by the slide. Could be the entire mags should be replaced. Try another mag that didn't come with the gun.
    5. Check your recoil spring. If it's worn you may not have enough snap to get the round properly stripped off the mag. It's a $20 change to try another spring and guide rod. Just use the stock setup. Your problem sounds the same as when a shooter recycles the slide manually and rides" the slide back causing that exact jamb.

try lone-wolf distributors for these parts.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

JSDinTexas Guest
    Only problem out of 15 Glocks I have owned was a G27 that had a magazine problem that caused the slide not to lock back on the last round - it was an aftermarket mag that came with the gun. And the only thing I do to them is upgrade the sights or put in a NY1 spring which cleans up the trigger a bit.
    One thing I will point out is Glocks have a lifetime guarantee - and that is on the gun, not the user. You can be the umpteenth person to own it and Glock will fix it free and bring it up to factory specs with new parts if needed, providing it's still stock. Cost is only shipping to GA.
    And Glock bashing has never bothered me because while I'm shooting, I see the other guy fiddling around with his 'other brand' trying to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman:104258
    I just sent my 19 in for repair. It has feeding problems. The round is hitting the lip on the bottom of the feed ramp and holding the slide open. It seems as if the round is "nosing down" as it goes to feed . It happens with both mags, and 2 diff types of ammo. anybody seen this before?
    its probably the plastic mags

I too have had the feed issue on several models. That ramp angle along with magazine angle causes rounds( especially SJHP) to catch and jam. Letters to Glock have resulted in the usual " were aware" blah-blah. I fixed my feed problem with a Barsto barrel, that solved the 'unsupported round and the improper feed' None of these after market ' match' style barrels are cheap but since installation- no jams. NOTE( you know this rite?)many of these ' match-after market' are not drop in's and may require a file

11. My Glock23 is working very well thank you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast