Building your own 1911
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building your own 1911

Building your own 1911

Caspian makes frames and slides that many top custom gun makers use. I am not a gunsmith but have signed up for an armorers course ( just an aside)
    Can one buy top grade parts and put build one without being a gunsmith and without doing any machine work?

Yes you can build an great 1911 from parts at World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS.
    Have fun with your gun.
    John Brownings masterpiece Is 100 years old and still the best weapon around.

Yes you can, the pistol my youngest son has was built by the both of us, good father son time.

Look into Fusion Firearms. They have an option were all of the critical fitting is already done, you just assemble, do minor part fiting and finish. If you can change the oil on your car, then, Yes you can do it without fancy tool and gunsmith skills.
    Also on: Ksccw.com NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor, Cheif Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by doctruptwn View Post
    Look into Fusion Firearms. They have an option were all of the critical fitting is already done, you just assemble, do minor part fiting and finish. If you can change the oil on your car, then, Yes you can do it without fancy tool and gunsmith skills.
    You mean you're supposed to change the oil in your car? Would evoo work?
    Thanks all for the encouraging comments and great links. I think I will give it a try!

I get discount a Brownells. I am starting to put a 1911 togeather finding machined parts not stamped.

Good point premeaux, machined parts!

Why build a 1911, when you can purchace a Glock that is already put together?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Why build a 1911, when you can purchace a Glock that is already put together?
    Good one! Bwah-ha-ha!

Seriously, I own and love my Glocks. But, I'd never compare them to a 1911. Glocks and 1911s are apples and oranges.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Glocks are great guns. I am going to believe you two are just kidding because if not you totally miss the point of building your own 1911. That point is whatever you want it to be!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast