Kimber Ultra Recoil Spring Removal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber Ultra Recoil Spring Removal?

Kimber Ultra Recoil Spring Removal?

Kimber Ultra CDP II.... simple question: how do I remove the inner recoil spring?

I have the same fantastic carry gun. Go to ebay, they make a plastic clip that you clip over the guide rod to make removal a breeze. Search for "kimber tool". Here is one:

Kimber Pistol Gun Ultra II Carry Raptor Officers Tool s | eBay

Then youtube "kimber ultra take down tool" and you will find step by step directions.

Good luck!

Do you have the Kimber guide rod take down tool? What I normally do is lock back the slide insert the take down tool per normal. Once the slide is off I remove the whole guide rod assembly then take the barrel out. Then I reinsert the guide rod assembly and carefully press the spring until I can slip the take down tool out (wear eye protection). Then gently release tension on the spring. Then you can take the spring out of the assembly. Reverse the process to install a new spring.

I'm a little confused. That works for the outside/larger recoil spring, but does not remove the smaller/inside spring that is housed within the guide rod housing. Unless I do not understand your reply (?) Are you talking about the Ultra guide rod system for 3" barrels?

Sorry I was referring to the Pro recoil spring. Here is a link to instructions for the Ultra. Looks like a fun project!
    http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=271754

hahaha that is a "fun" project. geez....!

I would pay the $50.00 just to eliminate the finger pain...If you can buy a Kimber you can spend $50 on the guide rod assembly and springs.

Well, that certainly looks like an adventure. Thanks for the link; it's what I needed to know.

9. Why do you want to, or need to, take it apart? I'm not trying to be a prick, just asking. I completely disassemble every gun I buy but don't take them apart further than is necessary for cleaning normally.

It might be worth looking around for a third party guide rod that's less...complicated.

11. The best thing to do is get a backup replacement spring Assy. from Kimber custom Shop, and take advantage of their rebuilding plan for your recoil spring Assy.
    They just sent me a new unit at the rebuild price, don't think they mess with rebuilding them.
    Trust me this is the best way to get it done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast