Oil on Polymer frame

Thread: Oil on Polymer frame

Oil on Polymer frame

I want to know if its okay to put a very light coat of oil on my Glock 27 to keep it from turning dull??

Why not I do a Light coat on it.

You don't have to oil the frame - just the slide where it contacts the frame. I carry the 27 daily and find it just doesn't require much maintenance. I clean it regularly but the polymer frame will never corrode. However, it can get dirt and and other materials built up in the trigger mechanism over time, so just wipe it down and oil the mechanism from the inside (while broken down) and you'll never have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by smyrnatek View Post
    You don't have to oil the frame - just the slide where it contacts the frame. I carry the 27 daily and find it just doesn't require much maintenance. I clean it regularly but the polymer frame will never corrode. However, it can get dirt and and other materials built up in the trigger mechanism over time, so just wipe it down and oil the mechanism from the inside (while broken down) and you'll never have an issue.
    Thanks for the information!!!

Armor-all keeps your old glock looking new.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Come on dude, somebody with 3000 post's and obvious firearm experiance should know better than to say something like that, cause you know some moron is going to try it

8. Oh, I have some armor all I can go rub all over my XDm 45. Good idea. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Had a student do this. Lets just say they were not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM View Post
    I want to know if its okay to put a very light coat of oil on my Glock 27 to keep it from turning dull??
    I follow the Glock protocol of five drops of oil in my G27. Instead of oiling the polymere I use a yellow "breakfree" treated polishing cloth which gives the surface a nice finish without feeling oily. They run just a few bucks in any gun store and last forever.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Mobil 1 synthetic on the mechanics, elbow grease on the frame.