S&W Bodyguard - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W Bodyguard

Emailed S&W regarding the laser issue. Still waiting for a response, but honestly hasn't been long enough for them to respond. I assume I'll hear from them by mid-week next week. I hope the repair is as painless as everyone suggests. I have not talked with my dealer yet - figured it would make more sense to get everything set up with S&W first.
    I like the finger-clip extension! Helps me stabilize the pistol. I bought three extra magazines with the extension and am glad I did. That little thing sure is fun to shoot!! I've shot 100 rounds though it with no jams, misfires, etc. Very pleased with this pistol aside from the laser...

3. My brother bought one of those a coule of months ago. He has yet been able to break it down for cleaning. The take down pin will not rotate to the six oclock position to allow its removel. Anyone else heard of this problem.

Wow! Just heard from S&W Customer Service. They want me to send back just the laser unit for replacement. Guess I'll be headed to the post office in a few.

My take down pin is very tight. What I do is use a small screwdriver to push the pin to 6 o'clock. Then I use the screwdriver to help pry the pin up so I can remove it to complete the breakdown. (Be gentle so you don't mar the finish...) Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Patriotpapa; 08-29-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: misspell

6. I carry an older-sty;e S&W Bodyguard, a model 649 Stainless Steel snubbie in .357 magnum. I have put hundreds of rounds through it, both .38 sp and .357. I have added a Crimson Trace Laser grip to it. I can put all 5 rounds into a dinner plate at 70' consistently. The laser never fails. I lost the retaining screw that holds the grips on a couple of weeks ago. At local gunsmith's suggestion, I called Crimson Trace, and they mailed me a new screw, together with a new set of batteries for it, no charge. It arrived in about four days. S&W and Crimson Trace are two companies that turn out good, reliable products and stand behind them.

7. Hi: I am new here. I would send it back just on principle. Let us know how it went. AmazingLiving

UPDATE: I just received the replacement laser from S&W today. Total transaction time - 19 days. I am well pleased with S&W and their customer service, and I don't mind telling folks when a company does something right, either! I'll be heading to the range to test/zero the laser in the next day or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotpapa:222647
    I purchased a S&W Bodyguard in late July with some misgivings. I wasn't sure about the attached laser's ability to function. Well, I was right. One round and the laser quit. (It is one of the "new" models, so I thought the bug had been solved by S&W...) My question for you good folks is, is it worth the time, trouble & expense to send the pistol back to S&W to have the laser fixed? I'm assuming it will malfunction again even after the fix... Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks! (BTW - First post from a longtime reader)
    Papa
    I would say send it back. Give them a chance to make good on their product. All companies want satisfied customers and if you're not satisfied let them know!

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    My brother bought one of those a coule of months ago. He has yet been able to break it down for cleaning. The take down pin will not rotate to the six oclock position to allow its removel. Anyone else heard of this problem.
    Pull back on the slide slightly while rotating will help mine did this at first also.

11. I found that pulling out slightly on the take down pin while rotating down released my pin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast