Dang. Kel-Tec P11 blued finish slide rusting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dang. Kel-Tec P11 blued finish slide rusting

That is a pretty slick idea (bad joke), but pretty effective, I'm sure. I bet that would be great right over a new finish as a second line of defense against rust.
    Did you all know that a little bit of crystal cat litter is the same stuff they put in the dessicant packs that come with your new guns, electronics, etc? Get some crystal cat litter, some re-usable tea bags or wedding favor bags at Wal-Mart. Put the litter inside several tea bags, tie the bags shut, and drop it into you gun box, tool box, or fishing box or (whatever). When the litter is saturated, open the bag, pour the littler into an empty tuna can (soup can, etc) and put it in the oven for 5 minutes. When the moisture evaporates, allow the litter to cool, dump it back into your tea bags, tie them shut, and put 'em where you need them.

couple coats of car wax works great. totally degrease all parts, with rubbing alchohol, and use hardware store Lockease dry graphite on the high friction areas. use VERY little of it, cause it "migrates" and stains clothing. Any oil or solvent screws up the wax, but I have both a carry gun and a practice gun. given the $200 cost of used Keltecs, that's not expensive and it's a very good idea. then wear and fouling is not going on the ccw gun and you need not clean the practice gun constantly.

I had the same problem with my Kel-Tec, so I had mine refinished with DuraCoat, then I use the car wax trick on top of that. It seems to work pretty well...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12