1911 Jammed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Jammed

1911 Jammed

I have a Desert Eagle 1911 C that jammed shut after the last round of the magazine fired. The slide stop did not work and now it can not be moved.
    Sent it back to Magnum Research since it is only 3 months old.
    Factory claims the never had this problem before but how do I trust it with my life.
    I own Rugers and Taurus semi automatics and have never encountered any thing like this. Any thoughts?

Broken barrel link.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Hmmmmmmm....get a Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by echoawake View Post
    Any thoughts?
    I never knew that Magnum Research were into 1911s??? My opinion is to sell it quick, since it's kinda new, you could get about 75% of your money back. Buy your next 1911 from gun makers that are good at it and has been doing it for a while. Maybe a Colt?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    I never knew that Magnum Research were into 1911s??? My opinion is to sell it quick, since it's kinda new, you could get about 75% of your money back. Buy your next 1911 from gun makers that are good at it and has been doing it for a while. Maybe a Colt?
    +1 :-)

Other options would be:

1) Buy a reliable firearm for SD and make this one a "safe queen"
    2) Be sure to never empty the magazine

Good luck!
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Drag. I know the pain of having a baby go icky. Hope it gets fixed and gives ya years of shooting afterward.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    Hmmmmmmm....get a Glock?
    My thoughts exactly.

Ya know, this "Brand Loyalty" absolutely blows my mind! I've got a secret for all of you...come close...

Everything mechanical (including Glocks and Colts) breaks!

Metallurgy fails, machining gets set wrong, QA misses something, or old Mr. Murphy comes along! Everything is robotically cut and assembled these days, tested by a human a few times, then boxed and shipped. There isn't time to catch every little imperfection... even in a Glock!

However, when a weapon is returned, it is put in front of a gunsmith who disassembles the weapon, diagnoses the problem, then looks over the rest of the piece for other problems that may have been missed. He then refits the pieces together and test fires it. By the time he gets done, what you have is a semi-custom weapon that is BETTER than any "new" weapon you are going to waste money replacing this one with!

A "repaired" weapon, if range tested, worked in for several hundred rounds and found reliable, should have no reason to be distrusted when defending your life. Just like a car, if you repair it twice, the third time is a lemon and you should insist the company completely replace the firearm for your safety.

FYI, this also applies to computers. Save the money and get a "refurbished" one that has been completely rebuilt by a technician, retested, and is usually much better than new! :D

I think you have a real looser of a gun there and I don't want it to hurt you in the future..
    Send it to me (I'll pay the postage) and I'll dispose of it safely for you!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

This does make sense however I putt several hundred rounds through it before it malfunctioned. The serial number is under 140 so I'm hoping it is a problem with a solution. The gun has ben sent back so waiting for information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast