Walther P22 Safety Malfunction. Need Help.

Thread: Walther P22 Safety Malfunction. Need Help.

Question Walther P22 Safety Malfunction. Need Help.

I realize that this is a duplicate post from the one I posted in the Walther group section, but I soon realized that I could not delete it from there and the group is seldom visited. For that, I apologize. I have a Walther P22 that my daughter and I shoot pretty often. My last 2 trips to the range with it led to an issue. After every round I shot, the safety lever would drop down engaging the safety. WHY? I couldn't figure it out, and I still can't. I tried to tighten the screws on the lever, but that did nothing. Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
    "If an awalu [freeman] should blind the eye of another awalu [freeman], they shall blind his eye."
    -Hammurabi (1792-1750 B.C.E.)

Check this out and see if it helps you any. Fixing a Walther P22 Safety from Falling or Walking

Thanks. As it turned out, the detent ball had somehow fallen out. Found this when I took off the right side lever. Called S&W and they were kind enough to mail me a new lever and screw. Thanks for your help.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Purple rules! +1
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm