AGI gunsmithing course - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AGI gunsmithing course

Quote Originally Posted by bforney View Post
    07 is a type of FFL. It allows you to build firearms but you can then sell as well. Most gun shops have just a 01 which only allows them to sell. If you do ever want to get into smithing and making your own stuff you have to have the 07. Type 07 FFL is going to be $150 for 3 years, so $50 a year if I can remember correctly off the top of my head. It isn't going to be much more than the 01 and will allow you to do much more.
    Copy that and thanks again. I have another question if ya don't mind and that is, when applying for the FFL do you have to have a place of business already set up ( such as a rented or owned building other than ones home) or could I get the 01 and 07 and work out of my house for a while and what requirements are needed as far as security?
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

4. These are good video's even though they are very grainy. They range from 1 to 2 hours each. The intro says they were transcoded from analog (VHS) and can be hard to watch at times. Still, I recommend them even if you are planning on college, they are easy to follow and you will learn rapidly. But don't fool yourself, they are not a replacement for hundreds of hours of hands on training, you gotta put in a lot of time outside of just watching the video's.

It wouldn't hurt to actually build a few rifles from scratch. Maybe instead of buying a $20K-$30K piece of paper (diploma) during a recession, just get the videos and spend $2000 on a good vice and 3-4 parts kits. If you don't like gunsmithing after that, at least you have a few new guns in your safe and don't owe on student loans.

Just a quick recessionary financial tip, student loans are not discharged during bankruptcy but credit cards are. Check out this article and ask yourself what kind of debt do you want to carry.

Transferring student loan to a credit cards makes sense -- occasionally

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    These are good video's even though they are very grainy. They range from 1 to 2 hours each. The intro says they were transcoded from analog (VHS) and can be hard to watch at times. Still, I recommend them even if you are planning on college, they are easy to follow and you will learn rapidly. But don't fool yourself, they are not a replacement for hundreds of hours of hands on training, you gotta put in a lot of time outside of just watching the video's.

It wouldn't hurt to actually build a few rifles from scratch. Maybe instead of buying a $20K-$30K piece of paper (diploma) during a recession, just get the videos and spend $2000 on a good vice and 3-4 parts kits. If you don't like gunsmithing after that, at least you have a few new guns in your safe and don't owe on student loans.

Just a quick recessionary financial tip, student loans are not discharged during bankruptcy but credit cards are. Check out this article and ask yourself what kind of debt do you want to carry.

Transferring student loan to a credit cards makes sense -- occasionally

Actually I have considered that idea with an AR platform. I already have student loans out from another school (different field) and have been in deferment for a couple years so I am apprehensive about adding more in a crappy economy but the way things look I may need to visit re-education camp if i wanna stay in the game. Either that or start my own business but don't have a clue as to what with little or no money of my own to invest.

I Like that disappearing student loan plan, wish I would have thought of that some years ago when I had credit cards. Bet it won't be long before they catch on though
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12