Dan Wesson .357 is done
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson .357 is done

Dan Wesson .357 is done

Ok I finished up the grip tonight so I think it is all done. I wish I could have hot blued it but I think it turned out nice. I think my buddy will be happy.

Before:

Now:

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

3. Smile Outstanding

That looks sooo nice. He should be very happy with that. Let me know what he thinks of it.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Looks good. I think you are about ready to start your own business. :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Good Job, it loods great TY for sharing your project......................
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Thanks for the pix. Dan Wesson would be proud of the results of your efforts. And Richard Lee would be happy you chose his Modern Reloading 2nd Edition for the prop/backdrop! Ya gonna fire that thing?
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

Thanks a lot guys. I took it out in the sun this morning before I went to work and saw one or two areas I'm going to touch up tonight.

Doc that's a great idea. I've really been wanting to start my own business just have not been able to decide what to start. I enjoy working on guns and have been thinking of picking up the stuff to do hot bluing. Maybe I'll get it and start there. Hmmm.....

I may have to take it to the range and make sure it functions correctly before I return it to him. Probably not a bad idea considering I had it completely apart.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Looking good KimberPB! You did as nice job on refinishing it. The Grips turned out fantastic. I know he will like it.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Looking good KimberPB! You did as nice job on refinishing it. The Grips turned out fantastic. I know he will like it.
    Thanks Red Hat. I'm really happy with the grip. I'm happy with the cold bluing but it was a little tricky getting it down into all the little crevasses and keeping a nice consistent look over the entire pistol.

I'm going to look into the hot bluing some more. I'd love to try that out. I also looked at some of Caswell's plating kits.

Thanks again for the help.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Yep that will do.

11. Great job there. I always like to see older firearms, knives, vehicles restored to "like new" condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast