Magazine Feed Lips
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazine Feed Lips

1. Magazine Feed Lips

I recently picked up a CZ 3075 Rami for the wife. It was used, but from a reliable source.

We went to the range yesterday and there were no issues until after she had put about 200 rounds through it. She started getting some FTF issues. I put a couple of mags through and also experienced the same. I had another buddy try to make sure, and the same thing.

I had some issues with my Baby Eagle some years ago, and a new mag solved the issue.

I believe this is a magazine issue, and rather than buying all new magazines, does anyone know if the feed lips can be worked on to alleviate this issue.

I will pick up new mags anyway, but hate to get rid of 3 mags if there is a fix.

I certainly don't want her depending on a firearm until we know that it will shoot every time without failure
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Let a smith look at them. May need to beclosed a little .I wouldstill mark all as range us only.
    Last edited by kwo51; 07-15-2008 at 07:36 PM.

They can be tweeked slightly but they will not be exactly where they should be and my continue to have some problems. I would just get new mags.

5. I spoke with Mike Eagleshield the Gunsmith for CZ USA and his first suggestion was to replace the recoil spring.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

sounds good. that was my second suggestion

7. Quote Originally Posted by FBMG Smithy View Post
    sounds good. that was my second suggestion
    I appreciate both yours and Mike's suggestions. He answered every one of my emails within the hour. Great customer service, and great firearms.

He even gave me a suggestion on a nice tweak for the spring.
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Smile Recoil Spring

Not to be noisey but what was the tweak you got on the RS. I'm haveing stove pipe concerns on my Radom and I was told that my spring isn't fast enough so I have plans to purchase a 10,14 and 16lb spring and try them out with hot loads. I have some Winchester 9mm 155grn but I don't know if that is hot enough.

Red face Bad magazine cure

My Grandad was one of the best gunelves I've ever knowN.
    Here is how he fixed bad magazines

1. Pad jaws of a shop vise with leather to avoid marring.

2. Seat magazines in vice and make absolutely it is square and level.

3. Snug vice and check again for square and level.

4. Close vice and crush offending magazine so it cannot cause a problem in a time of DIRE NEED!

5. Insert NEW magazine in firearm and head to the range.
    Last edited by festus; 01-21-2009 at 12:15 PM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Thats the perfect fix for a bad mag.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    My Grandad was one of the best gunelves I've ever knowN.
    Here is how he fixed bad magazines

1. Pad jaws of a shop vise with leather to avoid marring.

2. Seat magazines in vice and make absolutely it is square and level.

3. Snug vice and check again for square and level.

4. Close vice and crush offending magazine so it cannot cause a problem in a time of DIRE NEED!

5. Insert NEW magazine in firearm and head to the range.

Good advice, Festus, but exactly how critical is it that the mag be square and level in the vice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast