Need help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help!

1. Need help!

Went to the range today and shot my brand new Taurus pt740 subcompact and it jammed the very first round. I'm shooting 180 grain reloads through it. Would that make a difference? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The exact same thing was happening to my other 40 cal. And its never jammed like that.

4. Need help!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366395910.253226.jpg

Buy a good brand of ammo and try it. After you tear down the gun, clean it, lube it, and re-assemble it.

From the picture, it looks like the spent case is not extracted causing a double feed. Be sure the packing grease is cleaned out since it is a new gun.

You said reloads...do you debulge your cases before reloading?
    ________

DRNurse1

I have had several 740 slim models and none have any kind of problem. Just clean it real good. Put a normal amount of oil on it and try again. I bet the same ammo will run just fine.

Are they your reloads, or someone elses? I will never shoot anothers reloads unless I know them very well and know they know how to reload and are experienced reloaders. Low power reloads might cause the FTE you are seeing. It could be the gun. It looks as if the case has been pulled partway out of the chamber. Check the spent case for marks indicating the extractor has failed to engage the case or has slipped off the case.

As GB-Boater stated above, get factory ammo, if you can find any, clean and lube your gun and try again.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

Trade it back, and get a Sig!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    Are they your reloads, or someone elses? I will never shoot anothers reloads unless I know them very well and know they know how to reload and are experienced reloaders. Low power reloads might cause the FTE you are seeing. It could be the gun. It looks as if the case has been pulled partway out of the chamber. Check the spent case for marks indicating the extractor has failed to engage the case or has slipped off the case.

As GB-Boater stated above, get factory ammo, if you can find any, clean and lube your gun and try again.
    My brother in law reloads them. He said there a lil hot meaning there's more powder in it. I've shot 100 of his first batch just fine, but this new batch is I think the problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast