Need S&W serial number help...

Thread: Need S&W serial number help...

Need S&W serial number help...

I've misplaced my "The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson" book and was wondering if anyone has a S&W serial number reference handy. I just picked up a LNB S&W 37-2, nickel, open hammer, not bobbed and without a hammer lock and need to find out the date of manufacture. The Ser# is BNA5XXX.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

3. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I've misplaced my "The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson" book and was wondering if anyone has a S&W serial number reference handy. I just picked up a LNB S&W 37-2, nickel, open hammer, not bobbed and without a hammer lock and need to find out the date of manufacture. The Ser# is BNA5XXX.
    If you go to the Smith & Wesson website they have a link called "History Request"

Weapon History Request - Smith & Wesson
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

S&W charges $30 for those reports and all I need is the DOB for mine. I'll pick up another copy. I probably left mine somewhere. Thanks...
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Feb-Mar 1993

Thanks for the info Grayfox. I finally found my book and forgot to post it here.