ASTRA Maintenance

Thread: ASTRA Maintenance

ASTRA Maintenance

I recently became the owner of an ASTRA automatic. It appears this wasn't cleaned the last time it was fired which I'm guessing was close to 30 years ago. After a quick cleaning I'm seeing some discoloration in the bore. For the life of me I can't figure out how to disassemble this rascal so I can gain full access to the barrel. Anyone have any suggestions or a link to drawings that may help me out?

Slide markings are ASTRA 765 1916 Model Automatic Pistol Spain 32 Auto

Thanks

3. Quote Originally Posted by KernelMustard View Post
    I recently became the owner of an ASTRA automatic. It appears this wasn't cleaned the last time it was fired which I'm guessing was close to 30 years ago. After a quick cleaning I'm seeing some discoloration in the bore. For the life of me I can't figure out how to disassemble this rascal so I can gain full access to the barrel. Anyone have any suggestions or a link to drawings that may help me out?

Slide markings are ASTRA 765 1916 Model Automatic Pistol Spain 32 Auto

Thanks
    Try youtube.com/watch?v=SQSPKYu1-vw

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Baucum View Post
    Try youtube.com/watch?v=SQSPKYu1-vw
    Good video. After watching the video I could tell that it was close enough to mine that I should be able to follow. Needed a LARGE pair of plier to rotate the barrel, not just my hands. After looking at the interior condition I am certainly glad I chose to clean it PRIOR to firing it. Now I know it definitely needs a visit to my gunsmith before it is ready for the range.

Thanks