Froglube - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Froglube

Some people swear by it, some people are vehemently against FrogLube.

My question to you, is it worth the cost? The stuff is reeeeeeeeeally expensive!!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Some people swear by it, some people are vehemently against FrogLube.

My question to you, is it worth the cost? The stuff is reeeeeeeeeally expensive!!
    Actually it is not, because you use very little, and it goes a long way. I use Simple Green as my solvent and Froglube paste and liquid. I have been using it for a year, and expect it will 3 - 4 years before I need more. I probably get 2 years out of a $10 gallon of the Simple Green. This is after cleaning and lubing 6 handguns an average of once a month.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

I started using it a while ago and was very happy with it until......I had two guns M&P .40 and a Springfield XDSC .40 misfire. I soon learned I had light strikes with both and traced it to sticky lube in the firing pin channel. I will take full responsibility for over lubing the gun. But at the same time a little nervous it could happen again. Not sure what my next move is......be extra cautious with Froglube? or try Ballistol which I really like on my muzzleloaders?

Ronnie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12