Froglube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froglube

Froglube

Anyone use froglube? I have yet to use it and wondering if it is worth looking into.
    Former USMC Sgt.
    Respect All, Fear None
    https://www.youtube.com/user/The2ndPatriot

I like it a lot... Haven't been using it long but so far so good. Works, plus I like it being safer for use around dogs, cat and kid... And it smells nice.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

4. I have used it on both an SR9c and my sig P229 and have had excellent results. Cleanup now is extremely easy and the guns look almost new. The SR9c has around 2300 rounds through it and the Sig has 3300 rounds. Also have been using it on my SR22 and is doing its job there as well but only have around 1000 rounds through that at this time.

5. I am using it on an LCP and a XDs. It works well, no problems.

Go Seahawks!

6. I have been using for about 6 months on my glocks nod have had no problems, no VOC issues. I have typically not used a hairdryer but the last time I did and it seems to provide a protective coating, so it is not very greasy after it cures. Which makes cleanup easy. The sheriff that I took my Utah CCW class, NRA basic pistol and my IL CCW class recommended it to me.

Froglube

I've used it in the past and it does work well but to me it seems like more of a hassle than just the petroleum and nitro solvents. I've stuck mostly with the aerosols.

Been using it for a bit now and so far I like it, it does make clean up a breeze just wipe it down for the most part. Lay it in the sun, reapply and a final wipe down before reassembly.

Quote Originally Posted by sepayne View Post
    Been using it for a bit now and so far I like it, it does make clean up a breeze just wipe it down for the most part. Lay it in the sun, reapply and a final wipe down before reassembly.
    Why do you lay it in the sun?
    Former USMC Sgt.
    Respect All, Fear None
    https://www.youtube.com/user/The2ndPatriot

Non-toxic, work great, doesn't stink up the house. It is all I use on all of our guns.

I also use Green Stuff as the cleaner/solvent, also non-toxic or smell then Froglube as the CLP.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by The2ndPatriots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sepayne View Post
    Why do you lay it in the sun?
    Froglube works by soaking into the pores of the metal. Heating it up either with a hair dryer or by laying it in the sun for a expands the pores and helps the Froglube absorb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast