How often to Clean glock 23 gen 4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often to Clean glock 23 gen 4

1. I disagree with occasional cleaning. I clean my Glock, or any other firearm after every shooting session. Even if I only fired one round. I don't understand why some people think it will hurt to keep it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    I disagree with occasional cleaning. I clean my Glock, or any other firearm after every shooting session. Even if I only fired one round. I don't understand why some people think it will hurt to keep it clean.
    It won't hurt to keep it clean. It's just been the experience, compared to many other firearms, the Glocks don't mind being run dirty.

It's like the AK 47 of handguns. It'll run mucked up.

The one thing that I have seen affect the Glock is too much lubricant. I'm thinking those that overclean might have an overly lubed Glock. This I would warn against, but not cleaning them often.

So, is it necessary to clean after just firing one round, nope. But no one is saying don't either.

The Glock just allows you to be a bit lazier with your cleaning regimen.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

4. Of course it's not paramount to clean a Glock if fired only once, or any other gun for that matter. The one thing I have never been lazy at, is cleaning all my firearms out of habit. The choice is an individual one, clean it regular, or let it get dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    It won't hurt to keep it clean. It's just been the experience, compared to many other firearms, the Glocks don't mind being run dirty.

It's like the AK 47 of handguns. It'll run mucked up.

The one thing that I have seen affect the Glock is too much lubricant. I'm thinking those that overclean might have an overly lubed Glock. This I would warn against, but not cleaning them often.

So, is it necessary to clean after just firing one round, nope. But no one is saying don't either.

The Glock just allows you to be a bit lazier with your cleaning regimen.

5. Every time I fire it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using USA Carry mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12