What is the best gun cleaning products? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best gun cleaning products?

1. Quote Originally Posted by jakeb View Post
    M-pro 7
    thats what I use along with a bore snake

Cleaning

I care for a lot of heavily used range rentals. I have great luck with the foaming bore cleaners. Currently we are ordering Gunslick:
    Gunslick ? Precision Gun Care - Cleaners-Degreasers

Everything else is #9 and Gunscrubber. For lube I use X1-R grease:
    X-1R Shooter Pack

I do the same on my personal guns, too.
    Last edited by lukem; 09-30-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Anybody use motoroil? I've used it in a pinch and seems to work very well...would go a long way. The instructor I had for my concealed carry class says he uses it as his main lubricant.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

if the bore is really dirty I use Hoppe's #9 just to clean the barrel.
    I generally clean everything with CLP or sometimes Remoil and I use Tetra Gun Grease on the slides and some of the other moving parts.
    I have a whole tool box filled with cleaning supplies and brushes and all. I usually use Teflon coated rods and sometimes the Otis system.
    Back when I was not as much into guns I would use whatever was the cheapest and quickest to use--the guns were always clean and always functioned perfectly.
    Now that I own more guns and have gotten into all the intricacies of cleaning--my guns are still all clean and always function perfectly. Just takes me more time to clean them now
    Wierd huh

Tag team cleaning

I use mineral spirits and Kroil for cleaning. Kroil seems to do a fantastic job of getting the bore clean. I spray the barrel and let it set for a day, then I hit it with patches, followed with the Boresnake.

I lube with the Kano Labs Moly spray, and the slide rails I use Brian Eno's Slide Glide.

I'm a little OCD about my gun, so not everyone will want to do my drill. It sure does work though.

I'm a recent convert to the Break Free products. If it's really dirty ( as in I'm cleaning somebody else's gun) I'll let the barrel soak with their Powder Blast, followed by CLP. If I'm cleaning my own guns after a trip to the range, I'll just let it soak 15-20 mins with the CLP.

For me it's Hoppe's Elite all the way.
    "...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason

hoppes elite clp was what i used for everything until i started using tetra gun products. tetra gun lube and grease are the best that you can find in local stores.

Break Free hands down!!!...God's gift to firearms cleaning and lubrication. This is also used by the U.S. Military.
    What DOPE do you have on your gun?....echo6actual out.

As we all can see there are a lot to choose from and most I am sure do a good job.Each product will tell you that theirs is the best. I have wanted to try both Tetra and Shooters Choice products as they seem to be very good also but have not done so as yet. What I would really like to see though is some independent laboratory do a study as to which performs the best.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast