What is the best gun cleaning products? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What is the best gun cleaning products?

Quote Originally Posted by rekotadrekoj187 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by okoutdoorsman View Post
    I'm in law enforcement and I trust my life with Frog Lube

Sent from my SCH-R970 using USA Carry mobile app
    Wait till it gets cold and it freezes up frog lube is too thick

Sent from my SCH-R950 using USA Carry mobile app
    You don't leave Froglube on wet. You apply it, preferably to a warm metal component, let it sit for an hour, then wipe it off till dry. It seasons the metal and leaves a lubricating and protecting film.
    In some cases, it takes a couple treatments to gain the full effect.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ScottMac View Post
    You don't leave Froglube on wet. You apply it, preferably to a warm metal component, let it sit for an hour, then wipe it off till dry. It seasons the metal and leaves a lubricating and protecting film.
    In some cases, it takes a couple treatments to gain the full effect.
    You go ahead and keep using that frog glue I'll stick with hoppes elite.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using USA Carry mobile app

As a gunsmith I have tried many with varying results. I personally use "Simple Green" as this seems to work the best for me. Squirt it on, let it soak, brush, clean with water, blow or oven dry and is available at your local Wal-mart store.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMac View Post
    You don't leave Froglube on wet. You apply it, preferably to a warm metal component, let it sit for an hour, then wipe it off till dry.
    This is one of the main reasons it is unsuitable for guns like AR-15's. AR-15 rifles are designed TO BE RUN WET WITH LUBRICANT. These dry lubricating products like "Frog Lube" do not provide enough lubrication for them to run reliabily. This becomes especially true when the weapon is being run hot. This has been proven in countless high round count tests. An AR-15 that is kept wet with a normal petroleum oil or grease will run far more reliabily than one that is treated with any of these "apply and wipe off" dry lubes.

Hoppes elite for me too. Use "Simple Green" to wash the tractor. Use gun cleaner to clean a gun. Hooyah!

Sent from my XT1080 using USA Carry mobile app

7. Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    This is one of the main reasons it is unsuitable for guns like AR-15's. AR-15 rifles are designed TO BE RUN WET WITH LUBRICANT. These dry lubricating products like "Frog Lube" do not provide enough lubrication for them to run reliabily. This becomes especially true when the weapon is being run hot. This has been proven in countless high round count tests. An AR-15 that is kept wet with a normal petroleum oil or grease will run far more reliabily than one that is treated with any of these "apply and wipe off" dry lubes.
    Gee. I have never seen that in the owner's manual or armorers manuals.
    Perhaps some documentation on this subject would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctordun View Post
    Gee. I have never seen that in the owner's manual or armorers manuals.
    Perhaps some documentation on this subject would be appropriate.
    Where have you been? It's everywhere. Look it up.

9. I use 3 in 1 oil on all mine...great protection from everything you can throw at it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

Ballistol!

Like many people, I grew up using Hoppes #9. I had a boss who insisted on me trying Ballistol. He had ordered a case recently and gave me a bottle. It is now my go-to CLP. It works great on the metal and does wonders for my stocks, wood or otherwise.

Thanks for the input. I got a bolt hanging up and really need something to slick up that metal to metal contact. Thanks for replying

Sent from my XT1080 using USA Carry mobile app

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678