Oil

Thread: Oil

1. Oil

I am always wondering how much oil is too much?

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Most people over-lubricate their semi-auto handguns and under-lubricate their semi-auto rifles. Many experts use high-temperature lithium grease instead of oil. I use an oil/grease mix.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Most people over-lubricate their semi-auto handguns and under-lubricate their semi-auto rifles. Many experts use high-temperature lithium grease instead of oil. I use an oil/grease mix.

Ditto! Which type do you use?
    I'd post mine but will get accused of spamming if I do it before asked....so asking you, which one and where do you buy yours?
    Thx!

Sent from my iPhone, Ohio CC licensee. Retired USAF.

I use Valvoline VV614 as grease I got from Auto Zone for $5. I mix it with Hoppes #9 gun oil I got for free at various places (sometimes with gun purchases). The mix goes in 10ml syringes for easy transport and application.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I use Valvoline VV614 as grease I got from Auto Zone for $5. I mix it with Hoppes #9 gun oil I got for free at various places (sometimes with gun purchases). The mix goes in 10ml syringes for easy transport and application.
    Excellent, and gotta be cheaper than the stuff I buy in pre-filled syringes.

Thx for the info!

Sent from my iPhone, Ohio CC licensee. Retired USAF.