Advice on "pushing" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on "pushing"

ya, quit bein a pansy LOL.that might help

Pistol Shot Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Thanks, KimberPB. That analysis is "spot on" for me. A copy is going to the range with me this weekend, well, the next weekend we can get there anyway. My hubby and my g/f's will get copies, too. Thanks again for sharing it with us!

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Thanks, KimberPB. That analysis is "spot on" for me. A copy is going to the range with me this weekend. My hubby and my g/f's will get copies, too. Thanks again for sharing it with us!
    Not a problem gdcleanfun. Have fun at the range.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Dry fire in the double action mode until your front sight has little to no movement when you snap the trigger. Do not use the knuckle of your trigger finger. Use just the tip of the trigger finger and imagine pulling the trigger straight with the bore of the pistol. That's about as easy I can say it.

Dry Fireing is the most overlooked method of training.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Here is an Army method from the 80"s.
    B.R.A.S.S.

Breathe. Relax. Aim. Sight. Squeeze.

Works for me.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms . . ."
    - SAMUEL ADAMS

Get someone to load a good sized revolver (skipping a few holes, or putting spent rounds in a few holes) then hand the weapon to you..
    You will find out how much you are flenching when the gun moves 8 inches and goes "click" - a few times of this, and it will re-inforce in your brain to squeeze and be surprised when the gun goes "bang"..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

8. Thanks for the advice everyone.

"No Agenda" and I went to the range today and paying attention to trigger pull helped out quite a bit. Usually i'm about 3" or more on what I aim at, and today was a big improvement. Also, he may post later but is there a reason why a Glock 19 would fail to lock the slide back after the last/final round has been fired?

This was on/off and happened several times..
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

"No Agenda" and I went to the range today and paying attention to trigger pull helped out quite a bit. Usually i'm about 3" or more on what I aim at, and today was a big improvement. Also, he may post later but is there a reason why a Glock 19 would fail to lock the slide back after the last/final round has been fired?

This was on/off and happened several times..
    Check your magazines. I mark all of my magazines, so if I have a problem on the range, first thing I do is switch out the magazine. This usually fixes this type of problem. Sometimes the follower is messed up. In most semi-auto pistols, the follower is what causes the slide to lock back after the last round is fired.

If you swap out the magazines and the problem persists, then it may be the gun. I've seen cases where improper assembly of the firearm or aftermarket accessories cause problems. If you can't figure out the problem, then I strongly suggest you get the gun checked out by a competent and properly trained Glock Armorer or gunsmith.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Thanks glock fan.clearsight and myself came to the same conclusion today and I will take it in next week.

For someone who shoots AT LEAST once a week, I'd think you would shoot a little better!
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast