CCW Person-How Ready Are You To Take Action - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CCW Person-How Ready Are You To Take Action

1. I agree gunsite. One of the things I like to use to illustrate this is the video of the Charging Target on youtube. The shooter is a competitor and has already seen what he/she is up against. They're reacting to the buzzer, not the identification of a threat and that my friends is the difference between the fantasy realm of competition shooting and real-life. The FBI statistics illustrate a gun fight is likely to be over in 3 to 5 seconds and a lot of folks can't even positively identify a threat in 3 seconds let alone formulate a reaction and act upon it in just 2 more seconds, all without factoring in environmental distractions.

Spacial and situational awareness folks. There's a point when this is hyper-vigilance, but that hyper-vigilance will alert you to the physical cues of others and just might give you that edge that something bad is about to go down and that you'll be forced to react.

It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it. Train to do both, been there done that hope to never do it again.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Now THAT is the proper use of the term.
    I have got to give NavyLT credit for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    The police have no obligation to protect you. The are there to enforce and investigate, nothing more.
    They don't? I am pretty sure thats what my tax dollars pay for. I am also pretty sure that on almost every police cruiser I have seen at some point in my life, the term on it: "To Serve and Protect" was there.
    CERTIFIED NRA INSTRUCTOR:
    PISTOL | RIFLE | SHOTGUN | PERSONAL PROTECTION I/O

If 20 yards away, what would I do. We can all say take cover and or run. Here's the truth of the matter, how many of you are going to run or take cover, and hear a gun go off and someone now falls to the floor. I would say truthfully not many of you. I agree the best answer is to cover or leave. Deep down inside of you, you will say damn and take a deep breath. Pull your firearm and make the best shoot you have ever made. Bad guy down all is are safe. Deadly force was use, you feared for life or another human life. For the person who wrote, where are the sheepdog. We can't be everywhere when s crime takes place. If we could be, there be no crime taking place.
    Now the other side of this coin is, he pulled their firearm and fired at someone. I can do that to scare the Hell out of anyone. Now retreat, cover or hide thats the best answer. Till there in that situation you can't say what you would do. I can read this story again and come up with a different answer. Being there tells the truth.

Remember CCW is a term to refer to illegal carry. Also I don't believe in CC unless the weather calls for it, so I OC with one in the chamber QCB Sherpa level II. I will reply to a threat aimed at me or my family first.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    They don't? I am pretty sure thats what my tax dollars pay for. I am also pretty sure that on almost every police cruiser I have seen at some point in my life, the term on it: "To Serve and Protect" was there.
    Warren Vs D.C. put a lid on that forever. Police have no duty to protect the individual. I don't care what's painted on the cars.

NRA Instructor huh? No need to ask why I'm no longer a member of the NRA.

NRA Certified Law Enforcement Instructor.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.

Observe. Report. Being a witness with information is more valuable to you then a law suite for using deadly force on some scumbag whos family is going to claim they are a saint. Retreat and Report.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLynd54 View Post
    Observe. Report. Being a witness with information is more valuable to you then a law suite for using deadly force on some scumbag whos family is going to claim they are a saint. Retreat and Report.
    'Depends on the state. If you're unwilling or hesitant to use that pistol because of 'legalities'... leave it at home. 'Cause all that should not be going thru your mind during an 'event'. That's the sort of stuff that get's people killed... even cops.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456