You can never be too SAFE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can never be too SAFE!

You can never be too SAFE!

"A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996
    [email protected]

Gods speed in healing . Thank you for sharing we can all us the reminder.

Man

That is ugly!
    I am typically pretty safety-minded with my firearms,at least I think so.I think I will newly endeavor to make sure I always take the necessary safety precautions.I'm gonna throw up,but thanks for sharing that with us.Sometimes we need to see bad stuff so we can avoid it.
    :(
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Gods speed in healing . Thank you for sharing we can all us the reminder.

For the record, I posted it. I was not the man in the pictures. He's back east.
    "A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996
    [email protected]

This is the reason every time again every time I pick up a firearm I either rack the slide or flip the cylinder open (or work the bolt, etc). I doesn't matter if I laid it down 30 seconds ago, I still verify that it is an empty gun. This obviously doesn't apply at the firing range :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

+1 Doc....

Very sobering...
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

8. Ouch!

I bet that hurt like hell

Holy Mackrel

I bet that smarts. I'm always safety aware and after seeing this, I'll be even more so. Thanks for sharing, a good reminder on safety for all of us.

OUCH! That's hard, Man! I hope the subject is well and heals OK. He sounds like us...a guy who's familiar and comfortable around firearms and who never thought it would happen to him. Serves to point out that, no matter how careful or familiar or comfortable we are, none of us are immune from accidents. Be safe, and use your basic safety practices...ALL the time - EVERY time.

And good luck to this guy. Please thank him for sharing a most unpleasant circumstance.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

But by the grace of God, that could be any one of us. I am so glad that guy from "back East" manned up and shared that with us. A little of that goes a long way. Dr. David M mentions that he always pulls the slide back to check. One of the features that helped me to decide on purchasing the North American Arms 380 was the fact that the top of the slide has a short slit milled in it; you can see the brass in the pipe without having to pull the slide back. This was very important to me as I was raised with wheel guns and only had revolvers in the house until my sons grew up. (It was much easier to teach them how to open a revovler, empty its contents and know for sure it was empty than using a gun with a slide.) As for a pistol, I use the same philosophy an electrician friend of mine uses when working on electricity jobs. He leaves them hot because he then knows for damn sure they are hot. The worst that can happen in his eyes is that someone turns the cirucuit off, not on. Rule numba 1: All Guns Are ALWAYS Loaded. ALWAYS. This post, all by itself just made this Forum way, way valuable to me! Thanks so much to all of you that share. I am in your debt.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast