Shoulders Disability

Thread: Shoulders Disability

Lightbulb Shoulders Disability

Hi everyone. I'm looking for guidance with a disability that prevents me from extending both arms up and out for a normal shooting position. Imagine keeping both elbows tucked into your sides and your forearms parallel to the ground. So I think I am limited to "point and shoot". Obviously a Laser sight will help immensely. My options for carrying will also be effected in that I will be limited in my ability to reach most normal hostering positions. Any other ideas or suggestions? I appreciate all the reponses I know I will get. Thanks!
    Larry

3. That is kind of hard to determine without knowing your range of motion and how limited it is. My advice is to seek out a local firearms instructor and see if he has any suggestions. That way he and you can determine what works best for you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by larrys0227 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for guidance with a disability that prevents me from extending both arms up and out for a normal shooting position. Imagine keeping both elbows tucked into your sides and your forearms parallel to the ground. So I think I am limited to "point and shoot". Obviously a Laser sight will help immensely. My options for carrying will also be effected in that I will be limited in my ability to reach most normal hostering positions. Any other ideas or suggestions? I appreciate all the reponses I know I will get. Thanks!
    well start practicing shooting from the hip at 4 yards , is fast and still accurate , and yes get a laser so you can shoot from any where, get a crimson trace laser

5. Go with the laser. Keep good batteries in it and use a little care with it. My son can't see sights at all but can usually find the laser dot on a good background and is able to make good hits that way. A laser is much easier to shoot well and requires less training than point shooting. In fact, I use a laser mounted handgun as a training aid since it shows the movement of the gun at the moment of firing.