How often do you dry practice?

View Poll Results: How often do you dry practice?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyday

8 15.09%
  • Three Times a Week

15 28.30%
  • Once a Week

18 33.96%
  • Twice a Month

4 7.55%
  • Once a Month

1 1.89%
  • Never

7 13.21%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you dry practice?

How often do you dry practice?

I try to dry practice at least three times a week for about 15-20 mins. at a time. I don't really have a set routine but I go through different things each time like drawing from concealment, trigger control, malfunctions, etc. Mostly what I've learned at Front Sight. Next time I take a course there I get to pick up their dry practice manuals I earned in an upgrade which I'm looking forward to getting.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Being retired, I try to put in at least a 10 minute dry practice session every day. I have a basement wall designate the "safe wall" in my house. No ammunition or loaded guns of any kind are allowed in there so I don't shoot the wall :)

Jim
    kscchtrainer
    KS certified Concealed Carry Instructor
    moderator, KSCCW.COM forum

What this country needs is more unemployed politicians!

4. If I could I would practice at least every week but I average 2 times a month.

DUH! "Dry practice"! :o (I gotta learn to read!) Weekly!
    Last edited by Sgt. SIG; 09-28-2007 at 09:58 AM.

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

5. Real practice

Don't dry practice much but average a trip to the range about every two weeks.

I make it a point to go to the range at least once a week. 100-300 rounds. Went today as a matter of fact.;)
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

I really need to get to the range and fire my Glock 23. I haven't shot it since I got it back from Glock when they performed upgrades on it.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

8. Quote Originally Posted by lukemccoy View Post
    I really need to get to the range and fire my Glock 23. I haven't shot it since I got it back from Glock when they performed upgrades on it.
    I hope to get to go to the Glock factory myself in a couple of weeks. I want to get some night sights installed on my G26.

I practice with my G27. I bought some A-Zoom snap caps and I do everything from "move and shoot" (with variations) as well as failure drills and reloads. I don't practice as much as I used to, but I can go out to my base's firing range and live fire when I like. Just did some today...felt good.. :)
    [B]Μολών Λαβέ

كافر , and proud of it

I never dry fire practice. I usually fire at least 20 rounds every couple days. Sometimes a little more. Since I'm able to shoot at any time I want I use live rounds to work on fundamentals.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

11. Not nearly as much as I'd like to. I try to get in 15-20 minutes at least once or twice a week, but with a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old at home, those 15-20 minute blocks of free time are a bit scarce. :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast