Israeli draw! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Israeli draw!

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    OK your ball...What exactly are you getting at? The average street thug is not a well trained individual...
    Not sure I agree W/ that. There are starting to be more and more reports of the "average street thug" having at least some military training and possibly a combat tour under their belt. Possibly this is because I live in a military town but we've had quite a few incidents involving soldiers recently.

As a law abiding citizen I expect to start out behind the curve because I am going to have to justify my use of deadly force thus giving the BG the first move. In both of the DGUs I’ve been involved in the BG set the ambush and I was stuck playing catch up. Luckily in both instances the BG was either unarmed or chose not to take on an armed individual regardless. That’s what I mean when I say ‘I expect to lose”

I have no problem W/ carrying a striker fired pistol ( I don't because I'm a CZ man but if they made one I'd carry it) keep your booger hook off the bang switch and you'll be OK .

Exclamation You are OK in My book!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Not sure I agree W/ that. There are starting to be more and more reports of the "average street thug" having at least some military training and possibly a combat tour under their belt. Possibly this is because I live in a military town but we've had quite a few incidents involving soldiers recently.

As a law abiding citizen I expect to start out behind the curve because I am going to have to justify my use of deadly force thus giving the BG the first move. In both of the DGUs I’ve been involved in the BG set the ambush and I was stuck playing catch up. Luckily in both instances the BG was either unarmed or chose not to take on an armed individual regardless. That’s what I mean when I say ‘I expect to lose”

I have no problem W/ carrying a striker fired pistol ( I don't because I'm a CZ man but if they made one I'd carry it) keep your booger hook off the bang switch and you'll be OK .
    You make some good points. I'm glad you did ok with your situations. I have been saying keep your booger hooker of the bang switch for years now...good to see I'm not the only one with that frame of mind.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I think they carry without one in the tube so they don't shoot themselves while re holstering. When he re holsters he flags his hand. Maybe just a little thing but he's showing you how to handle a firearm. Lost some credibility when I saw that.

Also the stance doesn't look like it allows for movement which moving off line of your attacker has always been preached to me at all of the training I've taken.

If you like it use it, it's a technique.

The Israeli draw exists due to a quirk in Israeli law regarding carry requirements. We, in the USA, except California, have no such requirements, so there is no reason to add the extra step of racking the slide.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    The Israeli draw exists due to a quirk in Israeli law regarding carry requirements. We, in the USA, except California, have no such requirements, so there is no reason to add the extra step of racking the slide.

Since the Israelis are reflexively brought up every time someone mentions carrying with an empty chamber, maybe we should look at why they carry (or carried) with an empty chamber.

When the Israeli Defense Force was orginally formed back in the 40s, they were armed with whatever weapons they, as a nation, could quickly acquire. This meant that their pistols were a mish-mash of different designs. Some single action, some double action, some with safeties, some without. Many were not drop safe. Many did not have holsters.

They needed one simple method to train a large number of people, many of them inexpereinced in the use of arms, regardless of what weapon they had. The result was to carry with the chamber empty and rack on the draw.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    +1, I CC always in condition 1. Once I have drawn my weapon Round 1 is discharged from the waist. Round 2 is discharged as my stance is taken and support hand comes underneath the butt. NO TIME is wasted for messing with the slide. Heard it before, say it again..........Practice-Practice-Practice until it becomes second nature.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I have been in different training courses, force-on-force, Sig Academy,MagPul and combat oriented shooting classes.

They all drill you differently. but the only 2 common things are:

1.- keep moving for cover.
    2.- Keep your mind set.

What I'm trying to say is it really does not matter if you use the israeli method, the magpul method, Sig Academy method, frontsight method,etc.

the thing is to move and be effective and want to WIN.

train as much as you can and try different methods, and out of all the different ones (they all apply to different scenarios) when the time comes you will be ready.

I guess I do not subscribe to a single school or idea. Because at the end of the day nobody is going to be able to train you or prepare you to be 100% in a dynamic situation.

It will by just you. you are the weapon and the training is your shield.

Train with your strong hand, with your weak hand, train shooting with one in the pipe, witout one in the pipe, train with malfunctions, train in shooting and reloading in small spaces and uncomfortable positions and angles train at night, train when the weather is cray and you are sleepy and hungry, train as real as you can.

all methods are good for the scenarios they where developed for, but not all methods apply to you or the situation.

what if you have one in the pipe and it fails to go boom. are you going to freeze? chances are that you are going to stop for a second or two and then you will react.

it takes the human 2-5 sec to react in a stress situation. 2-5 sec in a gun fight is an long time.

I'm going to the late Quote Jeff Cooper

"Owning a handgun doesn't you armed anymore than owning a guitar makes you a musician"

My take on this is.

don't stick to one phylosopy of training (school of training) because if the training does not fit the scenario you have in front, you are going to be slow in the reaction and you do not want to be slow in a gun fight.

You can be fast or you can be accurate, I choose accurate.

If Festus is accurate with that system, more power to him. I can not say no to that.
    my hat goes to anyone that is responsable enough to carry a gun and knows how to use it.

I remember a maybe 5 minute talk about that at a Krav Maga school. "Who here uses this draw?" I didnt raise my hand.Totally unnecessary.
    I Love Nicki Minaj

Carrying a gun without one in the chamber is good for individuals that have no gun retention skills. As far as I know most people don't wear a level 3 holster out in public. By not having one in the chamber you might give a fighting chance to get your gun back in case it gets taken away from you. This is especially for individuals that open carry.

I teach condition 3 carry to civilians and even some LEO's. It is not that difficult to charge (load) a weapon and fire rounds down range. Also we show how to shoot the gun with out using sights for close ranges.

In the first video it shows how easy it is to charge the weapon and fire. The second video shows how point shooting works......I fire all ten rounds without using sights.

YouTube - ISRAELI INSTINCTIVE COMBAT SHOOTING 2

YouTube - Israeli Instinctive Combat Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by black knife View Post

In the first video it shows how easy it is to charge the weapon and fire. The second video shows how point shooting works......I fire all ten rounds without using sights.
    OK now do a new video for us. Have a pitbull hanging on your off hand then show us how easy it is to charge the weapon and fire
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast