Israeli draw!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israeli draw!

Exclamation Israeli draw!

FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

With some offensive maneuvers!
    There was a nice video link to a news clip about how "No gun" sign in places like schools just invite "bad guys" to go there and cause trouble. It wasn't an anti-gun clip, so it was nice to see common sense getting out to the public!

I don't go for the slide pulling first.

I might need that hand for something else!

A totally unnecessary action.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    I don't go for the slide pulling first.

I might need that hand for something else!

A totally unnecessary action.

-Doc
    I gotta agree. My training is to lift and immediately rotate a weapon (with one already in the tube) out of the strong side holster. At this point, the business end of the firearm is already pointed at the BG and you can commence firing even before you're at the "formal fire" position. And you still have that free hand, should you need it. I don't see how you can be any faster and more "economical in action" than that. Course we're talking split second differencess here so I may be splitting hairs, and if someone feel more comfortable without one in the tube (not me), that's another issue.

I know a lot of people, who are light years ahead of me in "gunmanship", like this method, so obviously there's something to it. I'd like to be formally trained in it some time and see. Always good to try new things and maybe learn a thing or two.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

It's like any other method out there today. You have those who live and die by it and those who could care less. I have trained with those who eat, sleep, and breathe this method. Good for them, for me not so much. I am not a fan of this form of carry. I understand there are those who claim it is a safety issue, but if you train and practice the fundamental of safe weapons handling you have nothing to worry about. I have been carrying a gun professionally for the last 14 years and have never seen a ND. The question I have if you get wounded in your primary hand, how are you gonna get your weapon out of your holster, chamber a round, and engage in time to win the fight?

Exclamation Israeli draw lessons learned

If you are wounded chances are you have already lost. Israeli draw works best as racking the slide as the weapon is presented. I figure it this way...If I am carrying groceries etc they are going to be on the floor when the SHTF. If you carry carry with what you are most comfortable and well trained as. I am not concerned with stealth. I am not concerned with shooting before I move.
    i will be moving laterally while drawing, racking, shooting.
    Remember you can not miss fast enough to win a gunfight. Keep a calm head. Perform just like you have trained. You'll have a FIGHTING CHANCE!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    If you are wounded chances are you have already lost. Israeli draw works best as racking the slide as the weapon is presented. I figure it this way...If I am carrying groceries etc they are going to be on the floor when the SHTF. If you carry carry with what you are most comfortable and well trained as. I am not concerned with stealth. I am not concerned with shooting before I move.
    i will be moving laterally while drawing, racking, shooting.
    Remember you can not miss fast enough to win a gunfight. Keep a calm head. Perform just like you have trained. You'll have a FIGHTING CHANCE!
    You train with this method, then, Festus? A question: In the heat of the moment, in a real bad scenario, do you not worry about the possibilty of say, only half-racking the pistol? That's one concern I would have. I know training, training, training, is the key but I'm taught that you are, when under real stress, at best only about 50% as proficient as you are on the range. So...that "racking" would be the first thing I would worry about going wrong.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Exclamation Half racking is not a worry

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    You train with this method, then, Festus? A question: In the heat of the moment, in a real bad scenario, do you not worry about the possibilty of say, only half-racking the pistol? That's one concern I would have. I know training, training, training, is the key but I'm taught that you are, when under real stress, at best only about 50% as proficient as you are on the range. So...that "racking" would be the first thing I would worry about going wrong.
    The way i present ensures full slide travel. My biggest concern is keeping the target centered while moving out of his line of fire
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    The way i present ensures full slide travel. My biggest concern is keeping the target centered while moving out of his line of fire
    OK. Yeah, I've been taught to double-tap, then move, so my concern is standing there to get off the first two shots. I'm right quick on the draw and fire, but "right quick" doesn't always get the job done. "Right accurate" does. Different strokes, I guess...

Festus, with all do respect you have not lost until you are dead. One of the most important aspects in carrying a gun either for duty or to protect yourself is mindset. You must have the will to WIN not survive. This is taught by LE, Military, and Civilian Instructors across our nation. In numerous force-on-force scenarios I have participated and taught I have seen people freeze when they are shot. After some coaching they get mad and fight to win. Have a reason to live: revenge, going home to see your family, anger, not letting this POS take you from your family, ect and fight to win. I am glad you train and respect the fact you are comfortable with this method. I was not knocking the method, just trying to make you think for a moment. Take every technique you have been taught and find a way to make it better for YOU. We are all different and not everything is best for everyone. I admire the fact that you train, and want to encourage you to continue to do so.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast