Shooting a handgun upside down.

Thread: Shooting a handgun upside down.

Shooting a handgun upside down.

To keep this simple,i fell down while training.Instead of getting back up first,i shot the target while on my back.My 1911 was upside down,and it did fire,but didnt chamber the next round.And now i have all these 'what ifs' in my head.

So heres the question.Have their been any actual studies done,or anybody here tried shooting a semi-auto pistol upside down? Does it regularly jam?
    I Love Nicki Minaj

My Glocks function properly when fired from various positions. Know your firearms and the capabilities of each firearm.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

4. I just tried my Glock 19 and LCP and they both fired. I shot 6 rounds in each (upside down)

5. Quote Originally Posted by .45 Ben View Post
    To keep this simple,i fell down while training.Instead of getting back up first,i shot the target while on my back.My 1911 was upside down,and it did fire,but didnt chamber the next round.And now i have all these 'what ifs' in my head.

So heres the question.Have their been any actual studies done,or anybody here tried shooting a semi-auto pistol upside down? Does it regularly jam?
    What grain bullet and round was the misfire?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

7. Good article usc.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Was it a failure to feed/jam or was the chamber empty?
    Could you have limp-wristed the gun? I would assume that your concentration may have been lessened somewhat from the fall or you may not have been holding the gun as firmly as you would have otherwise.

Just some guesses.

I hope you are OK.

What an interesting article. Shooting a gun with a pinky! That would be scary with a Kel Tec, or any gun that is very small with recoil (for its size), assuming that the pinky can handle the heavier trigger pull.

I agree with father-of-three, it sounds like it was limp wrist ed. I would try it again to see if it fails the same way.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol,
    Personal Protection In The Home
    MA State Police Certified Instructor