Stop! I'm armed! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop! I'm armed!

Quote Originally Posted by OngoingFreedom View Post
    It doesn't help the argument when courts say a parent can't simply display a weapon to stand down an aggressive, armed (with a knife) hothead in the parking lot at school, and that he should have shot the aggressor.
    I think I see the problem. when I say "stand down" I mean break off the attack
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Our Courts and Congress forget that criminal means outside the law, as such if confrontation with a BG takes place with no LEO on site, you would be left with option of leaving peacefully (first option), ordering the Punks to cease (joke) or being ready to defend yourself, hopefully problem would disappear (almost never does). Once within 21 feet anyone or several individuals is a serious hazard with or without a knife and a I will react.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You might want to read what I actually wrote there hero. I donít recall saying anything about negotiating, counseling or performing LEO duties. I said the last time I had to draw the bad guy took one look and ran like Hell.

You go on ahead and shoot there bud. Iíll bring you some comic books in jail
    Not being a Hero, being real. For the most part IF I draw my weapon, I'll shoot to kill. By definition of our State Laws concerning CWP and the Right to Defend yourself. My earlier post was not a rebuttal against your post. Just a confirmation . No offense intended, just as always stating what I would do.

If it happens that I need some reading material. I would prefer a recent copy of the National Review or maybe a copy of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (Always good for a re-read every year or two).
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Not being a Hero, being real. For the most part IF I draw my weapon, I'll shoot to kill. By definition of our State Laws concerning CWP and the Right to Defend yourself. My earlier post was not a rebuttal against your post. Just a confirmation . No offense intended, just as always stating what I would do.

If it happens that I need some reading material. I would prefer a recent copy of the National Review or maybe a copy of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (Always good for a re-read every year or two).

How about Life on the Mississipi ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

When I first started teaching, 1980, my Students were Private Security, ATM Employees, Bank Guards. The challenge I used was, "Stop I have a Gun" and the gun hand dropping to the Revolver (only handgun allowed at that time in Canada)
    the non dominant hand held up in the universal stop sign.

One of my Students used this, exactly as he was trained, ended up drawing and firing one round, from an estimated distance of 2" into the heart of a broken pint mug armed assailant. Witnesses stated this person stopped, took one step back, dropped the weapon, collapsed. Dead at the scene.

The 158g Semi-Wadcutter lead bullet cut the pulmonary artery in half, blood pressure plummeted. Traversed the upper body, found in the clothing, that was cut from the body, in the O.R.

That obviously was not the end of it, Canada Aye! But the ATM Employee did end up free, a Jury called it justified.

I later used the NYPD Challenge (Modified!)

Be careful mappow. That kind of talk WILL get you jail time even in our state!

I shoot to STOP a threat! Should that threat die, it's on them.

Now as to you saying you are going to "shoot" if your gun comes out:
    I'd venture quess you just have NOT been in the situation "YET" where having to cover a police officer, or control multiple "ARMED" BGs with your weapon ("ATR"), has been required.

I've had to do BOTH!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Case in point!
    When I was a county officer, I was flagged down by some local residents of a housing project. A city officer had walked in on a drug deal and had FOUR heavily armed BGs he was trying to cover with his service "revolver". (It was a LONG time ago!)

If my partner and I had gone in guns "blazing", the officer would have most likely been killed. HOWEVER! We needed to get inside and gain control of what was an escalating situation. (The armed BGs were trying to spread out enough so the officer could not cover them with his service "revolver".) Again, it was a LONG time ago!

What we did was go in FAST & FURIOUS to startle and avert the BGs attention. My partner came flying up to the front in the car; making the BGs believe a car was about to crash through the plate class windows. While my partner drew their attention, I went in the back door with my shotgun.

Before they knew it, the BGs were facing down my 870 and a revolver. This made them drop their firearms and immediately give up.

NOT a single shot fired!
    Nobody shot!
    No DEAD officers!
    $750K in drug money taken into evidence
    AND-
    A whole BUNCH of cocaine off the streets!

AGAIN; There are times when drawing a weapon is called for; BUT, shooting it is NOT!
    -

TCOX, As a non-LEO my weapon would only come out to stop a threat against me or my family. And then only if a clear and present danger to my life or extreme physical harm. I would not draw to show I am armed, I would not draw to defend myself. No brandishing, no implied threat, no implied warning. If I have to draw all else has been expired for me to reach that point. I draw, I shoot. Two rounds, DCM, evaluate and repeat if necessary.(Multiple scenarios of that statement will require multiple adjustments) Make no mistake, I've worked in Law Enforcement and also have carried a weapon in others jobs I've had. NOW days, my CC is for MY protection, not as a LEO or back up for a LEO. Although if directed or asked would support if requested or needed.

As I stated earlier, NOT trying to sound like a bad ass or Rambo, just being real. There will be life changing occurrences on both ends of my weapon, hopefully it'll never come to that, but if it does. My part will be almost automatic and certainly one fluid motion. The issue will be what leads up to that point.

Also, welcome back. Haven't seen ya post in awhile.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

TCOX,
    ...There will be life changing occurrences on both ends of my weapon, hopefully it'll never come to that, but if it does. My part will be almost automatic and certainly one fluid motion. The issue will be what leads up to that point.

Also, welcome back. Haven't seen ya post in awhile.

Thanks Mappow
    I really like you posts. I especially believe that the above "bolded" section can NEVER be over emphasized.

All these 'I would do this----'. is a very good thing for all of us because it causes us to think. As a person who has had to use my gun I realize my most important asset is my brain. Every situation is unique but rehersing what we(I) would do is preparing oneself for that eventuality that you hope never comes, but if it does that you are prepared to do what you have to do. And face the afteraffects. Keep up the good work guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You might want to read what I actually wrote there hero. I donít recall saying anything about negotiating, counseling or performing LEO duties. I said the last time I had to draw the bad guy took one look and ran like Hell.

You go on ahead and shoot there bud. Iíll bring you some comic books in jail

The Man was simply stating his opinion Treo, there is no need for name calling here. We don't need that kind of language, and we won't tolerate it either...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast