Do You Carry Every Day? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Carry Every Day?

Every day and every where. And when at home it is always close at hand.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I carry everyday. At home I have a at least one gun in every room, and one in my truck. I am not a crazy Dale Gribble type, just try to be prepared.

Family and friends sometimes ridicule me too, someday I might have to use a gun to save myself or family/friends. Then they'll thank me for all that "paranoia."

Every day every hour its within arms reach or on me. Its loaded whenever on me. I unloaded it at night, because I do not want a good dream ending with me waking up to having shot a gun. I'm sure it would never happen, but it does not hurt to add an extra cognitive action of cocking the slide when your sleepish. I'd take one into the shower, but I can't figure out how to keep the rust out ;)
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Quote Originally Posted by whiptrackercracker View Post
    I'd take one into the shower, but I can't figure out how to keep the rust out ;)
    Get a Glock. They're pretty good at not rusting. :icon_wink:

gf
    Last edited by Glock Fan; 03-05-2008 at 02:50 AM. Reason: forgot to sign post
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGun View Post
    I've had a ccw license for three years now. I believe myself to be pretty serious about why (I) carry. Knowing what evil can crawl out of any hiding spot or lay waiting out in the open. Not just lurking in shadows.

I carry every day all day. Although at first I'd only carry when I thought I might need it. Honestly who knows when they will get in a gunfight or get mugged? Part of the reason i'd leave my gun at home was ridicule from friends or family.

They'd laugh at the thought of needing a gun to run errands on a sunday afternoon, or to bring it to a get-together at a friends house. I've always seem too get over involved with my interest, was I getting to paranoid? After all I'm not a cop or ex military just an Eagle scout who try's to stay prepared.

Now I know some of you say always carry never tell, but you can't always hide it from hug-hungry grandmothers and nosy friends. Like I said , now I always carry and try my damnedest to keep my carry low key.
    Anyone else had to deal with similar problems or thoughts on such subject?
    To quickly answer your question, 'Is a frog's ass watertight?' As far as laughing and ridicule from family, I laugh right back followed by an extremely indignant, "You mean you're not carrying too?"
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Get a Glock. They're pretty good at not rusting. :icon_wink:

gf

PLASTIC GUN, PLASTIC GUN!!! THEY DON'T SET OFF METAL DETECTORS AND THEY DON'T HAVE A SAFETY!!!!!!
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

8. My safety is between the ears.We took our M14s into the shower with us at PI.

I carry everywhere but at work, where firearms are not allowed on the property. Because of this, I try to avoid stopping anywhere going to or from work. I can't imagine going anywhere else unarmed. My family knows that I carry, which is no problem since they're all pro-gun.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    PLASTIC GUN, PLASTIC GUN!!! THEY DON'T SET OFF METAL DETECTORS AND THEY DON'T HAVE A SAFETY!!!!!!
    Does the "drop safety", "firing pin safety" and "trigger safety" count? :icon_wink:

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I carry all the time except at work and were strickly prohibited, it does create some criticsem among some that are close but most are understanding. I have been carring for 5 years.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast