Do You Carry Every Day? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Carry Every Day?

Gee, after having read the responses thus far, I feel like less than a man with my carry habits:icon_wink:

I carry religiously whenever I leave the house. In the house I never have my gun on my person. It stays on the nightstand, and there is no round in the chamber (I only keep a round chambered when I carry on my person outside the house). I'm very careful not to have a round chambered at home, because I don't want to risk touching the trigger of a loaded gun while fumbling around in the dark for it.

3. I don't understand why anyone else knows you carry. Who told them? You ? Why ?

As far as hugging Grandma, you simply take the lower arm position, thereby directing their arms around your shoulders, away from your gun. (if you wear a shoulder holster, keep your arms tight to your body, forcing theirs to go around yours.)

As for answering the general "why do you carry" question, my response for years has been: "Because I refuse to entrust my life to the whim of another."

David E

I did have to ask the boss for time off for my Chl class, oops so he told some of our mutual friends and then it seemed anyone who knew everyone asked me about it inquisitively. It was new to me at the time so I explained to eager questions the proses of acquiring a Chl.
    My friends tend to be a bit loud mouthed and gossip about anything they see or know(I need new friends). Most not to bright and don't understand that if you talk about it then one could target me for a new piece. Lets say It was my first mistake of my new life choice.

But no I don't let just anyone know I carry and I shouldn't have even told a single friend. I now keep such subjects privet, chl or gun talk, and my new coworkers don't know I carry at work. As far as my overprotective family ,and huggers, I hug arms low turned ever so slightly gun out and tell them don't ask if I am armed and they wont know.
    Thanks, Mike.S

5. Quote Originally Posted by echo_5 View Post
    always...except where prohibited:y:
    Yup, me too! :icon_great:

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

I don't carry, give me 4-5 weeks and I should have my ccw. But I can't carry at work so I'll have to stash it in the car. Fortunately the lot I park in has pretty good security and plenty of camera coverage. I'm so used to not carrying though, I really don't know how much I'll do it. We'll have to see when the time comes.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    I don't carry, give me 4-5 weeks and I should have my ccw. But I can't carry at work so I'll have to stash it in the car. Fortunately the lot I park in has pretty good security and plenty of camera coverage. I'm so used to not carrying though, I really don't know how much I'll do it. We'll have to see when the time comes.

[I]Once you have done it for a while you will feel naked without it. It is as second nature with me now that it is just about as automatic as putting on my pants before I leave the house. There are just to many bad things that can happen in this day and age to not have an equaliser with me./I]
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I caffy evey day, and I am retired and hom most of the time............ You never know when you will need it.. My daughter wondered why I carried at home, untill the Drunk tried to force her way in one nite... Then she relized why........
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

When I first got my permit I was only going to carry when I thought I might need it. I quickly realized that that was pretty dumb. You never know when you may need it. I carry all the time and rarely go where it's prohibited.
    Even at home there is always the mouse gun in my pocket and others not far away.
    For showers--gun goes in a plastic bag next to the shower. The gun can be grabbed and still fired while in the bag and the gun stays dry.
    At first I would feel a little uncomfortable when I carried. Now I feel real uncomfortable if I don't

I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb, but I never carry. Not that I don't want to, but I typically am not in situations where I can legally. I am a student, and I work at the university. We can't carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. And we have just got the ok to carry in local WalSmarts.

Those are my typical rounds in town. This has put me in a very compromised position, as I've gotten pretty lazy and don't actually carry when I go to places where I should (convenience stores, WalSucks, parks, and just around town in general).

Essentially the only time I carry is when the family is on vacation (in the car) or I know I'm going to be doing some backpacking in the wilderness (also not a local event).

I need something to fix this, maybe a real-life bg situation.... or maybe just a couple of more guns so I can have a full range of choices depending on attire...

Its a bad habit, but the first step to rehabilitation is admittance.

Red face Lets just pray....

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Cob View Post
    I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb, but I never carry. Not that I don't want to, but I typically am not in situations where I can legally. I am a student, and I work at the university. We can't carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. And we have just got the ok to carry in local Walmarts.

Those are my typical rounds in town. This has put me in a very compromised position, as I've gotten pretty lazy and don't actually carry when I go to places where I should (convenience stores, Walducks, parks, and just around town in general).

Essentially the only time I carry is when the family is on vacation (in the car) or I know I'm going to be doing some backpacking in the wilderness (also not a local event).

I need something to fix this, maybe a real-life bg situation.... or maybe just a couple of more guns so I can have a full range of choices depending on attire...

Its a bad habit, but the first step to rehabilitation is admittance.

I need something to fix this, maybe a real-life bg situation

...that it does not turn out to be a terminal situation.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast