Do You Carry Every Day? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Do You Carry Every Day?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    I don't carry, give me 4-5 weeks and I should have my ccw. But I can't carry at work so I'll have to stash it in the car. Fortunately the lot I park in has pretty good security and plenty of camera coverage. I'm so used to not carrying though, I really don't know how much I'll do it. We'll have to see when the time comes.
    Since Idaho is an open carry without a license state, why don't you just carry openly? Just because you can't carry concealed does not mean you should not carry. Unfortunately, I did not have that option here in Indiana; while I was waiting for my permit to arrive, I just had to take my chances and not carry. But if I had to option of open carrying while waiting for my CC permit to arrive, I'd take it. Better to carry openly than to not carry at atll.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    CRASH CROURSE:

    When hugging have your gunside arm go low on the other person's waist. This forces their arm to go up on your shoulder, thus preventing them from feeling your gun if you are carrying behind the strongside hip.

    Biker
    Most of what you get on these forums is a rehash of something you have heard before ... but I have to admit ... That one, I never thought about and makes a whole lot of sense!

  4. #33
    Everyday, All day, NO exceptions! If the place of business I go to is posted, I do business elsewhere. If I can't go in with my firearm, I don't bother going in.

  5. I carry every day, everywhere. I live on a working cattle ranch more than 30 miles form the nearest town. We're an OC state with CCW as well. Today I got a haircut in town and took off my outer shirt (legal CCW) for the haircut and my .45 was obvious to all (legal OC). No one cared, altho there were the usual friendly jokes and guffaws about "Be polite to that guy!" etc.

    If someone asks me why I tote I ask them why they have a fire extinguisher.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoots Running View Post
    If someone asks me why I tote I ask them why they have a fire extinguisher.
    I use the same analogy (and also carry a fire extinguisher in my car). The only possible case in which you would need one, is the same situation in which you would not have time to go out and buy one.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by MP3Mogul View Post
    Everyday, All day, NO exceptions! If the place of business I go to is posted, I do business elsewhere. If I can't go in with my firearm, I don't bother going in.
    If a business is posted and is not off limits under the law, I ignore it. The way I see it, if they don't frisk patrons at the door, their no gun policy has no teeth in it whatsoever. Furthermore, what they don't know won't hurt them.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Panhandle, Idaho
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Since Idaho is an open carry without a license state, why don't you just carry openly? Just because you can't carry concealed does not mean you should not carry. Unfortunately, I did not have that option here in Indiana; while I was waiting for my permit to arrive, I just had to take my chances and not carry. But if I had to option of open carrying while waiting for my CC permit to arrive, I'd take it. Better to carry openly than to not carry at atll.
    I lived for nearly 50 years in the one of the murder capitals of the country without carrying (Los Angeles). I have no desire to tote around a hogleg openly where I live now where most serious crime is pretty much non-existant.

    BTW, I now have my ccw, I still only carry maybe 30% of the time and usually only in higher threat situations, i.e. at night or while hiking far from town. I don't want to carry just for the sake of carrying. I'll leave that to others who feel the need. I don't. :)

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    I lived for nearly 50 years in the one of the murder capitals of the country without carrying (Los Angeles). I have no desire to tote around a hogleg openly where I live now where most serious crime is pretty much non-existant.

    BTW, I now have my ccw, I still only carry maybe 30% of the time and usually only in higher threat situations, i.e. at night or while hiking far from town. I don't want to carry just for the sake of carrying. I'll leave that to others who feel the need. I don't. :)
    I don't think any law abiding citizen carries "just for the sake of carrying." We carry because we know that no matter where we go, regardless of how serious the crime problem is, crime can and does strike at any time, and we just want to be prepared. God forbid this were ever to happen to you, but if you become a victim of crime during the 70% of the time you're not carrying, I can guarantee you'll feel the same.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Panhandle, Idaho
    Posts
    279
    LOL, point is I still have a much higher chance of dying from a headon collision by a drunk driver, and it's even more so in Idaho tha n LA as crime here is much less. I still get out on the road everyday though. When I don't carry, the risks are acceptably low for me.

    BTW, I've suffered a murder in my immediate family, I'm not sure if most here can speak from experience like me but I do know the risks better than most. But your post indicating I should carry open regardless of those around me freaking out (and they do) when it's not necessary in my learned opinion, borders on religious zeal, forgive the comparison. There is a time and place for everything in life, and I've found my level of comfort.

    Anyone here and elsewhere is free to do as they wish, but I don't need any schooling or questioning of my motives, thank you.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    There is a time and place for everything in life, and I've found my level of comfort.
    That's what it's all about. We all have to do that and it ain't nobody's bizness but our'n.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast