Bought a cheap laser....

Thread: Bought a cheap laser....

Post Bought a cheap laser....

Hi all..Its not what you think, I recently attended a gun show in my area and came upon a $20.00 laser for a pistol weaver mount...So I bought one. But not to use in a life saving situation, but for DRY FIRE practice. It makes it really easy to see what is happening at the moment the trigger breaks. So I can hopefully refine my trigger squeeze down to the point of little or no movement off the point of aim...When practice is done it takes 2 seconds to remove. I might try it at the range once to helpme decide weather I might consider investing in a "REAL" laser I can count on in a SD situation

Cool. And why not keep it on your house gun? If it's on target, the worst thing that could happen is it stops working,t hen you're back where you started.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I don't have a holster that fits with the laser on, and I don't like leaving it out without a holster.

I have a set of Crimson Trace laser grips on My SP101 that I use more for dry fire practice. It really does help when working on trigger control. I like the laser grips because they will fit in the same holster as before and don't get in the way. If they quit working you still have the iron sights to switch to.

A word of caution, keeping a firearm in a holster can lead to accelerated oxidation (rust). Leather is especially susceptible, but nylon can also get you if it gets wet. Between sweat and IIRC the tannin in the leather, I'd find another method of storage. Also, I can foresee difficulty getting the weapon into action on the quick if your off hand is busy doing other things that need to be done.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Paramedic..Thanks for the tip! I'll keep that in mind...