I would not consider teaching anyone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I would not consider teaching anyone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand

I guess a 60 year old lady would be out of the question for you to train..

I don't think as you do....I would want to give her every advantage i could.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

oh, yeah, gonna BREATHE and hold it, aim and squeeze, etc, while someone is clubbing you on the head, right? :-)

This guy is either playing devil's advocate or he's a complete idiot?!

Does he believe that all of the hundreds-of-thousands of legal gun carrying public all have hand-to-hand combatives training? What about the Georgia mother that shot the intruder 5-times, she had no hand-to-hand training, however did she accomplish such a task without this training?

Or all of the other times that and attacker, intruder, thug, rapist, etc. has been shot by their intended victims. How did they manage to thwart their attacker since they had no hand-to-hand training?

Out of the 17,500 students that I've trained over the last 30 years, approximately 17,000 of them had no combatives training of any sort. THAT'S WHY THEY CAME TO ME FOR TRAINING!!
    D.W. - Founder, Director, Head Instructor: Are You Prepared Network & Fight Off The X Academy
    "A Warrior Mindset is the Most Important Element to any Confrontation; Training is Second!"

5. oh, and most guys who have attended gunsite are military, right? :-) Since when does the military teach diddly about handguns, hmm? they don't even teach nearly enough about the realistic use of the rifle in combat, and yes, I DO include the marines in that statement! Since cops get into trouble all the time, after 40+ hours of gun training, and since real hand to hand ability takes at least another 100 hours, I think that you will get VERY few students! :-) I do agree with you, I could easily take 90% of cop's guns from them, if I was within 6 ft of them and they were unaware of my hostility (ie, typical questioning). However, that sort of ability only comes with being really fit and really well trained.

Quote Originally Posted by Are You Prepared View Post
    This guy is either playing devil's advocate or he's a complete idiot?!!
    He's actually a troll who started this thread two years ago
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

7. oooooh, and mere AGE of a thread means that the topic is worthless, and NO new members are viewing this forum, and you know all these things for a fact, right.?

Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    oooooh, and mere AGE of a thread means that the topic is worthless, and NO new members are viewing this forum, and you know all these things for a fact, right.?
    Pretty much I also know that return trolls like to dig up old threads and start stirring them up.

Enjoy your stay (however short it may be)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

9. yeah, anybody who asks INTERESTING questions and also KNOWS something about guns, shooting, etc, is DEFINITELY a troll.

yeah, anybody who asks INTERESTING questions and also KNOWS something about guns, shooting, etc, is DEFINITELY a troll.
    If that's the case you certainly aren't

Blog Entries
    oh, and most guys who have attended gunsite are military, right? :-) Since when does the military teach diddly about handguns, hmm? they don't even teach nearly enough about the realistic use of the rifle in combat, and yes, I DO include the marines in that statement! Since cops get into trouble all the time, after 40+ hours of gun training, and since real hand to hand ability takes at least another 100 hours, I think that you will get VERY few students! :-) I do agree with you, I could easily take 90% of cop's guns from them, if I was within 6 ft of them and they were unaware of my hostility (ie, typical questioning). However, that sort of ability only comes with being really fit and really well trained.
    Make sure you have someone recording it when the cop blows you away.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast