I would not consider teaching anyone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I would not consider teaching anyone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    He's actually a troll who started this thread two years ago
    It's hilarious how he has nothing going for him and he has to dig up an insignificant conversation from years ago for excitement. Lol

Loser. L on your forehead lmao

3. [QUOTE=ONLYPILL;225594]Why wouldn't I teach someone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand fighting?

Because most street shooting deaths occur within 6ft
    Combat Shooting

So there is a very good chance that you will have physical contact with an attacker.

If you don't know how to to deflect an attackers hand, and or evade and conceal,or disable that attacker, you are going to get in trouble sooner or later.

You are absolutely right. Don't forget the well-documented fact that someone reasonably quick and armed with a knife will be able to get to you and stab you from as far away as 21 feet before you can draw from concealment and fire. I teach a Krav Maga course for non-martial artists that gives deflection, defense, and attack skills Just having a firearm, even in your hands, is no guarantee of survival when the schumer hits the fan.

[QUOTE=Bluetiger;500613]
    Quote Originally Posted by ONLYPILL View Post
    Why wouldn't I teach someone who is not reasonably competent in hand to hand fighting?

Because most street shooting deaths occur within 6ft
    Combat Shooting

So there is a very good chance that you will have physical contact with an attacker.

If you don't know how to to deflect an attackers hand, and or evade and conceal,or disable that attacker, you are going to get in trouble sooner or later.

You are absolutely right. Don't forget the well-documented fact that someone reasonably quick and armed with a knife will be able to get to you and stab you from as far away as 21 feet before you can draw from concealment and fire. I teach a Krav Maga course for non-martial artists that gives deflection, defense, and attack skills Just having a firearm, even in your hands, is no guarantee of survival when the schumer hits the fan.
    So you have a guarantee? Especially after this thread has been dead for how long?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    So you have a guarantee? Especially after this thread has been dead for how long?
    I must admit... I hadn't read it, and I'm kind of glad I did... this was hilariously stupid! Good way to start my morning...

Though now I'm a bit worried about who else will find it...
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

My last to this thread, the key to carrying is avoiding conflict in the first place, stay clear of areas known for trouble.

7. [QUOTE=mappow;500630]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetiger View Post
    Of course not. There are no guarantees for anything. The best fighter I knew back in the '70s got his leg broken by a drunk with a bar stool while he was facing down another adversary because he let slip his situational awareness. But as Louis Pasteur said, "Fortune favors the prepared mind". I saw the post and responded, even though the thread was "dead for how long". Please accept my sincere contrition if my post offended you or was inappropriate in any way.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345