What kinds of drills do you use? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kinds of drills do you use?

I wear mine at 4 o'clock with an untucked shirt. My biggest issue seems to be getting the shirt out of my way. I will practice quickly getting my shirt out of the way and simply getting a grip on the handle of the pistol. Then I'll practice the whole draw. Moving the shirt, gripping the handle and drawing. I will often practice taking one step backward as I draw. I figure this will give me a little more working room.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

3. Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I wear mine at 4 o'clock with an untucked shirt. My biggest issue seems to be getting the shirt out of my way. I will practice quickly getting my shirt out of the way and simply getting a grip on the handle of the pistol. Then I'll practice the whole draw. Moving the shirt, gripping the handle and drawing. I will often practice taking one step backward as I draw. I figure this will give me a little more working room.
    Hey Doc,

A little trick that can sometimes help is to use your off hand to reach low across your body and as your gun hand moves toward your weapon, then grab a hand full of shirt and yank up with your off hand at the same time using the thumb of your gun hand to assist the shirt clearing the weapon as your hand comes up toward a good combat grip.

Sounds complicated but it really isnít. The off hand then is in close proximity to greet your gun hand as your weapon points toward its target just prior to driving your weapon forward. ;)

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

I'll give it a try Sarge. I have tried once or twice and it just didn't seem to work for me. But, once or twice isn't much of a try now is it. :)
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

DeWalt is my preferred drill.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    DeWalt is my preferred drill.
    Bro... that was bad. Very very bad! :p :D

Besides, I use a Makita!

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Makita? Is that Japanese or something? DeWalt is American all the way!

I was outside today firing off a bunch of 9mm and I stopped and realized I was wearing my glasses. I guess you are wondering what's the big deal. How many of you wear glasses and are like me, you don't wear them all the time. I only use mine for closeup and watching TV. The problem is 99% of the time they are in my pocket or hanging on my shirt. If something goes down the chances of me wearing my glasses would be very slim. So from now on I'm going to practice without my glasses. Instinctive firing really comes in play now!:) Oh yes, wear eye protection if you have them though!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

My favorite drill is a 9.6V DeWalt portable drill. I think Milwaukee makes my 2nd favorite.

Oh, wait, different kinds of drills.....I stand in front of the mirror and draw & fire at myself using a snap cap. At the range, I simulate a draw (can't actually draw there) from my hip & shoot double taps @ 7, 12, and 15 feet.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Dang, I was a little slow on the uptake....got beat to the punch on the powertool jokes.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

11. Glasses are a problem both when shooting and drilling.(typing) Bifocals tri and such are nuts. However progressive lens seem to combat that problem.I can't where progressive decause you must move your head to focus. Not good while hunting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast