Taking a Tactical Handgun Course - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking a Tactical Handgun Course

Damn! I really want to go but, the wife and I are having a double wedding reception Sunday. We eloped already so she'd kill me if I was out all day Saturday and was draggin ass Sunday. :^(

Next time send me and invite and I'm there for sure. I need to get in some training this year.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Damn! I really want to go but, the wife and I are having a double wedding reception Sunday. We eloped already so she'd kill me if I was out all day Saturday and was draggin ass Sunday. :^(

Next time send me and invite and I'm there for sure. I need to get in some training this year.
    Hey no problem. I'll let you know when we do it again. Have a good time at Sunday.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    $95 for the class plus ammo (400 rounds factory). Also need 2 hi cap mags or 3 standard mags and a pouch to hold them. Class is this coming Saturday 6:30am at Knights Shooting Sports in Clearwater.
    Would this course satisfy the training/safety requirement for a FL nonresident permit?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Would this course satisfy the training/safety requirement for a FL nonresident permit?

Good question. I'm going to say no because it does not cover any of the class room stuff. The instructor also does a CCW class that includes class room time to go over laws ect and a 200 round defensive shooting course.

Here is the web site and contact info for the instructor.

Major Norm Belson, INC.
    Norman D. Belson
    Director of Training Operations - South Florida
    Phone: 727-535-9151
    Fax: 727-535-9151 (Please call to coordinate)
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the info. Even if the course does not satisfy the safety requirement for a FL permit, it nevertheless seems like a good course to take, and the price isn't too bad. The $300 I got for my stimulus check should cover it all.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Thanks for the info. Even if the course does not satisfy the safety requirement for a FL permit, it nevertheless seems like a good course to take, and the price isn't too bad. The $300 I got for my stimulus check should cover it all.
    Ya $95 for the class + $129.00 for 400 rounds of .45 acp + $23.00 for a double mag pouch for a total of $247.00.

If you end up taking this tactical class you could probably just take the classroom part of Norms concealed class and qualify to get your permit.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Well, I just got home from the tactical class and it was amazing. Lost of great drills and stuff I can work on at home. We shot action right, left, rear, two hands, one handed (left and right). At multiple targets (up to 16 targets!), shooting while retreating, shooting behind cover, and shooting in a hostage situation. I think one of the sweetest drills we did was the worst case scenario drill. Active threat, gun malfunctions, one arm is disabled, and we have to clear the malfunction, reload and continue to engage the threat.

Anyone in the Tampa area I highly recommend the class. Well worth the money.

Also very happy with my Kimber Ultra carry II. I put over 400 rounds through her today without a single issue.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Sounds like you had a good time and got in some excellent training.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Here are a few pics one of the guys took with his camera phone on Saturday.

Kinda a bad pic of me but Oh well....

HK we had a blast and learned a lot. We are already setting up a private class for a handful of us to go over a few of the combination drills.
    - Benjamin Franklin

11. Thanks for the update on your class and the pictures.

I am in the process of setting up a private 2 day class here in Central Florida for a few of my friends, and then we are trying to decide about a 4-5 day at either Front Sight, or one of the other schools in February.

Keep up the training.

BTW, looks like you decided on some White Box .45
    "Always at your command"
    "לפקודה תמיד אנחנו"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast