Air guns for practice??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air guns for practice???

Air guns for practice???

I don't see how airsoft guns will give you anything that dry firing won't. And using the actual gun is always better than a mock-up. If you want accuracy practice use a laser trainer.

3. One more time............, where does anyone see air soft in my post!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard of competitive shooters dry firing over a million times in a year for practice. Here's an article about not using ammo but still practicing with your firearm.

Dry Fire: The Practice for Pros, Not Just Beginners - Officer.com
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercliff_46 View Post
    One more time............, where does anyone see air soft in my post!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe link to what you think an air gun is?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. I know what the hell an Air Gun is, I also know what an Air SOFT Gun is. If anyone took the time to READ what I wrote, they would see that from the beginning I said a PELLET gun, not a plastic play gun, one of which I own. To hell with it forget it, I talked to a trainer from NRA who seemed to understand the difference between a pellet gun and an Air Soft. If you looked at the second post you will clearly see that I hand held and walked completely through what I meant. I doubt that a link would do it any better.

I know what the hell an Air Gun is, I also know what an Air SOFT Gun is. If anyone took the time to READ what I wrote, they would see that from the beginning I said a PELLET gun, not a plastic play gun, one of which I own. To hell with it forget it, I talked to a trainer from NRA who seemed to understand the difference between a pellet gun and an Air Soft. If you looked at the second post you will clearly see that I hand held and walked completely through what I meant. I doubt that a link would do it any better.
    I think before you train with a pellet gun, bb gun, or air soft you should practice controlling your temper. Toy pellet guns, unless a revolver, are the least realistic. Good luck with that.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Does anyone here use an air gun for practice?
    Umm, right there. Air gun, air soft, what's the difference. Who cares whether its a copper or a plastic BB my point doesn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I've heard of competitive shooters dry firing over a million times in a year for practice. Here's an article about not using ammo but still practicing with your firearm.

Dry Fire: The Practice for Pros, Not Just Beginners - Officer.com
    I've heard that stated before. too and I don't believe it for a second. Even the most hardcore pro shooters can't manage to dry-fire over 2,700 times a day, without missing a day.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I've heard that stated before. too and I don't believe it for a second. Even the most hardcore pro shooters can't manage to dry-fire over 2,700 times a day, without missing a day.
    Excellent point. I've heard this by several people in similar circles and never thought to challenge it, but the math does seem outlandish.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

I know what the hell an Air Gun is, I also know what an Air SOFT Gun is. If anyone took the time to READ what I wrote, they would see that from the beginning I said a PELLET gun, not a plastic play gun, one of which I own. To hell with it forget it, I talked to a trainer from NRA who seemed to understand the difference between a pellet gun and an Air Soft. If you looked at the second post you will clearly see that I hand held and walked completely through what I meant. I doubt that a link would do it any better.
    Wow... only 15 posts, and you have (I'm not counting to be sure) at least three of them... and you are this upset already. Maybe you should put down the firearm, take a few deep breaths, go to your happy place and calm down. Most people equate (your terminology) air gun to mean an air soft. Yes, there are other air guns out there, and yes you did use the term pellet. My question to you though, if you are using anything other than your EDC for practice, then what difference does it make if they made their point against using anything else using an air soft or a pellet gun? Or wait... maybe they were just giving you an alternative method for practice using an air soft instead of a pellet gun. Wow, people on a forum actually being considerate and offering you other ideas.

I'm going in the corner and sitting down now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast