I just got certified as an NRA basic pistol instructor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just got certified as an NRA basic pistol instructor.

I just got certified as an NRA basic pistol instructor.

Last weekend I completed the 17 hour course and today got the E-mail from the NRA accepting my certification.

Just bragging, I guess :)
    -Thomas
    Member, ISRA; NRA Life Member & Instructor; AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com @AlphaKoncepts

Congratulations!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

Congratulations. It is a good milepost for your life.

Rick
    NRA Pistol Instructor, and other stuff

5. Congrats! I've been thinking about becoming certified basic pistol instructor. What is involved in doing so?

sent from my mobile using the USA CARRY 2.0 app

Quote Originally Posted by cougar98332 View Post
    Congrats! I've been thinking about becoming certified basic pistol instructor. What is involved in doing so?
    ^^ What he said. I've contemplated this for a while, this would be handy for me in several instances.

congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagogunsmith View Post
    Last weekend I completed the 17 hour course and today got the E-mail from the NRA accepting my certification.

Just bragging, I guess :)
    Congratulations.

Congrats! I've been thinking about becoming certified basic pistol instructor. What is involved in doing so?

nra.org has the information under the education section.

Thanks for the congrats guys. It's not really difficult to become an instructor. It was about 16 hours of class room and 1 hour of range time plus about 4 hours spent studying after day one. It's a 2 day marathon in short. I think anyone with a slightly better than basic understanding of firearms and firearm safety and has the right attitude for the position as instructor can make it. The range qualification is an 18 shot 6" group at 45'. I'm a little embarrassed at my results from the range portion and am finally going to get my eyes checked (I know I've needed to for awhile now, and this was my wake up call that my 35 year old eyes aint so young anymore).
    -Thomas
    Member, ISRA; NRA Life Member & Instructor; AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com @AlphaKoncepts

11. Wow, congrats on get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast