A Few Tips on Home Security
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Few Tips on Home Security

A Few Tips on Home Security

Have you checked your House Security Lately

*Exterior Grounds
    -If you have a tight hedge or fence, have you evaluated it as a defense against intruders?
    -Is your fence or wall in good repair?
    -Are the gates solid and in good repair?
    -Are the gates properly locked during the day and night?
    -Do you check regularly that the gates are locked, especially after repair and maintenance men leave?
    -Have you removed poles, ladders, boxes that may help an intruder scale your wall, hedge or fence?
    -Have you removed shrubbery from your gate, garage or near doors that could hide an assailant?
    -Do you have lighting or illumination on all sides of your house, garage and patio?
    -Have you considered putting your lights on a timer?
    -Do you have lights on during hours of darkness?
    -Do you check to see that all of your lights are functioning?
    -Do you have dogs that would sound an alarm if they spot an intruder?
    -Have you considered installing a video camera’s with recording ability as a deterrent?

*Interior
    -Are your exterior doors made of metal or solid wood?
    -Are your door frames built of solid construction?
    -Do you have an interview grill or optical viewer in your main entrance door?
    -Are your perimeter doors properly secured with heavy duty dead bolt locks?
    -Are all your locks in good working order?
    -Can your locks be bypassed by breaking a window pane or panel of lightwood?
    -Do you permanently secure all unused doors and windows?
    -Are your windows protected by steel bars, ornamental or some other types of shutters?
    -Do you check all of your windows and doors at night?
    -Are your windows secured by pins through the frame when closed?
    -Are you as careful about locking second floor doors and windows as your first floor?
    -Do you secure your sliding glass doors with a “Charlie Bar” or security bar?
    -Are your skylights, roof latches or roof doors properly secured?
    -Does your house have a security alarm?
    -Is it monitored by an outside company or just a amplified sound?
    -Have your briefed the whole family on proper security procedures?
    -Have you verified references or done background checks on workers that you have at your house? i.e. Lawn personnel, pool service, painters?
    -Do you restrict the number of house keys for your house? Where are they?
    Are they all accounted for?
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    www.sflagunschool.com

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Not to say that this isn't all valid but your presentation could use a lot of work
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Not to say that this isn't all valid but your presentation could use a lot of work
    Really? Most of this is word for word out of a Marine Corps Anti-terrorist manual for overseas duty?
    BTTBBOB
    www.sflagunschool.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    Really? Most of this is word for word out of a Marine Corps Anti-terrorist manual for overseas duty?

So, in other words you’re plagiarizing a DOD manual and claiming it’s your work?

So, in other words you’re plagiarizing a DOD manual and claiming it’s your work?
    No actually I was involved in the writing of the doctrine of it as A Marine Security Guard.......Thank you very much.
    BTTBBOB
    www.sflagunschool.com

No actually I was involved in the writing of the doctrine of it as A Marine Security Guard.......Thank you very much.
    Do you hold the copyright? Also I wasn't aware that the USMC had "security guard" as an occupational specialty

Do you hold the copyright? Also I wasn't aware that the USMC had "security guard" as an occupational specialty
    Then you know nothing about Marine Embassy Duty.....Actually Called MSG Duty.......Marine Security Guard MOS 8156......Now this is the second time you have derailed one of my threads.....Go troll someone else....
    BTTBBOB
    www.sflagunschool.com

Then you know nothing about Marine Embassy Duty.....Actually Called MSG Duty.......Marine Security Guard MOS 8156......Now this is the second time you have derailed one of my threads.....Go troll someone else....
    I derailed your thread? I see quite a few people objecting to your presentation style guy. You can have all the knowledge in the world but if no one listens to you because you come off as an arrogant Know-it-all what go does it do ?

I derailed your thread? I see quite a few people objecting to your presentation style guy. You can have all the knowledge in the world but if no one listens to you because you come off as an arrogant Know-it-all what go does it do ?
    No actually you see yourself and APV...............Not once did either of you comment on content......You are just looking to stir crap up. Been around a long time and know plenty like you. You don't do presentations on the internet. No I don't know it all, but I sure as heck have the experience and credentials. Don't want the advise? Don't use it, but unless you have something constructive to say to correct or refute the post why do you even comment?
    BTTBBOB
    www.sflagunschool.com

Not once did either of you comment on content

I did comment on content, there are valid points to what you cut and pasted but you didn't present it in any meaningful way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast