You don't need Firearms Training-Do you? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: You don't need Firearms Training-Do you?

OK, a few insights I have gained from the previous posts that I think we all agree on.
    1. Training is good.
    2. Training should not be mandatory.
    3. Lack of training should not preclude one from exercising their rights or defending themselves.
    -
    Regarding the court/law/training stuff. IMO if you have aggressive rather than defensive training, and you have 2 lawyers arguing whether this is good or bad in your post-shooting trial, it is a toss-up based on the jury which argument wins. You roll the dice and take your chances. I guess that would depend on where you live how comfortable you feel with the outcome, or how articulate your lawyer is vs the other guys and who makes the most convincing argument. It is definitely not a point of law, but as your record of training could be subpoenaed by the defense, it would be admissible in court because it has bearing on the case.
    Chief

You don't need Firearms Training-Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Ok... I'll bite... what level of training do you consider/recommend as the lowest level of training "acceptable" for the common person before they should be allowed to carry a gun for self defensive purposes?
    After "they" sign the 4473 and pay for the gun.

And to be truthful... I believe that the simple NCIC's is too much restriction!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    After "they" sign the 4473 and pay for the gun.

And to be truthful... I believe that the simple NCIC's is too much restriction!

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    Given that NCIC almost never prosecutes 4473 violations I wouldn't even suggest that as a qualification. I don't have to go through a background check to ensure I'm not under a suspended license when i buy booze.

They day you turn 18 your second amendment rights should be fully vested
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

5. I know I need training and have purchased several memberships to Front Sight Firearms Training Institute in Pahrump, NV and have had them a few years. I have finally booked a 4 day defensive handgun course for next month and can't wait to get there and take the course! The course is free with my membership without it the 4 day course is $2,000 and a 2 day course is $1,000. I plan on driving out the 2,000 miles and seeing some country on the way out and back. I plan on going back out this fall with the wife and if my son can get the time off, him too. I will probably take one of the many other courses they offer maybe a rifle course this fall. I am a member of my local gun range , but I feel the education I will gain at Front Sight will be well worth the trip!

6. If you need any 2 day, or 4 day certificates for your family or friends (free of charge) let me know.
    [email protected]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234