Looking through sights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Looking through sights

  1. Looking through sights

    I own a .45 pistol and I'm right handed but sometimes my right eye gets very blurry. Is it possible to be a right hand fire with your left eye? Or is it best to shoot both eyes open?

  2.   
  3. You are like me and cross dominant. I struggle with it for a while but there are methods to use for overcoming this common problem. here is a link to a good article about it.

    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/the...inant-shooter/

  4. #3
    I'm very cross-eye dominant (the different contact prescription in each eye is pretty significant); I shoot right handed and I use my left eye. No fancy method, I just close my right eye and shoot! Never an issue.

    pistol-training.com Blog Archive Cross-Dominance: The Non-Issue
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

  5. I use a crimson trace lazer grip on my 1911 and shoot with both eyes open.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by gfrlaser View Post
    You are like me and cross dominant. I struggle with it for a while but there are methods to use for overcoming this common problem. here is a link to a good article about it.

    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/the...inant-shooter/
    Thanks

  7. Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    I'm very cross-eye dominant (the different contact prescription in each eye is pretty significant); I shoot right handed and I use my left eye. No fancy method, I just close my right eye and shoot! Never an issue.

    pistol-training.com Blog Archive Cross-Dominance: The Non-Issue
    so it doesn't affect your shot?

  8. Do you guys have a site for shooting with both eyes open

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylon View Post
    so it doesn't affect your shot?
    Not remotely. I was shooting well for several months before I was even aware I was using only my left eye. Didn't hurt a thing! It'll mess me up with long guns, though. Whenever I get in to that.

    There's plenty of things out there for shooting with both eyes open. I don't usually look for it because it doesn't apply to me, but you can google it and find a bunch. I would, but it's late and I'm exceptionally tired, and have to wake up early tomorrow. Good luck!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

  10. I just had to come back and say that this was some good advice I received. I have been practicing shooting with my left eye and with both eyes open. They hit in generally the same area. I wonder how is that possible. I am I just lucky or am I doing something right? I know if i were shooting a rifle things would be different but with my pistols it practically no difference. The distances are from 10 to 15 yards out. Why are you trained to shoot only one eye open?

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylon View Post
    Why are you trained to shoot only one eye open?
    Very good question. There are different schools of thought about closing the non-dominant eye when shooting a handgun for the purpose of self defense. Closing one eye limits your range of vision. You may not notice someone approaching you from the side with the closed eye. On the other hand, closing the non-dominant eye provides you with better precision. This video may help (a little bit).


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast