What Does Slice The Pie Mean?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Does Slice The Pie Mean?

What Does Slice The Pie Mean?

i my be a little out of touch with some of the slang that is used here. so what does it mean to (slice the pie)
    Last edited by lukem; 12-23-2008 at 02:51 AM.

By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

that helps, thank you

5. What does

HK4U, thank you for explaining the process for approaching outside corners far better than I could. I have a T-shirt I got at a Street Survival seminar held by Calibre Press that shows slicing the pie. Above the picture and below is the caption, "They don't pay me to fight fair; only to win!" The picture is an officer approaching the corner and moving away from the wall until he sees the BG's foot. This prevents the BG from being able to disarm you when your gun reaches the corner. Good job, HK4U
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

I could be wrong, but this seems to me to be something that only police and military personnel would be doing. Regular average citizens like the members of this board (except wuzfuz of course) would only do this if they had mall ninja ambitions, and I don't.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I've had to clear a home before.

I've had to do this before and it ain't fun. You check every door, every closet and every crack and when you see a mouse you nearly wet your pants. Pucker factor is way up and adrenaline is making every thing really slow.

Why did I do this?

My mother in laws home was broken into before she passed away in 2005.

Will I do it again?

Only if painted into a corner.

Did I learn it from the military?

yup!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I could be wrong, but this seems to me to be something that only police and military personnel would be doing. Regular average citizens like the members of this board (except wuzfuz of course) would only do this if they had mall ninja ambitions, and I don't.
    If you have to clear your own house you need to know this.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    If you have to clear your own house you need to know this.
    Ok, so maybe I overlooked a couple of things. I never really thought about it like that.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Slice the pie? I thought that's what I did today after the pumpkin pie was ready for consumption....
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Exclamation I prefer Cherry

Quote Originally Posted by {TEX**Hawaii(( View Post
    Slice the pie? I thought that's what I did today after the pumpkin pie was ready for consumption....
    Merry Christmas!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast