New Private Range Set to Rock! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Private Range Set to Rock!

There's a corrupt former governor in Illinois out of work... maybe I could get him to come down and enjoy some nice AZ weather and hold my target for me?
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

wolfhunter Guest
    Like this?
    Attachment 319

By the way, check out the bullet stopping berm....

This is amazing! I wish I had something setup like this. My hat off to you man! Congrats!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Zachary disease!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Like this?
    Attachment 319

By the way, check out the bullet stopping berm....
    That's exactly what I had in mind for Blago!!....

That's a great pic - you gotta love the Chinese! No time to worry or be bothered with berms or safety, just shoot!

And you have to wonder what that poor SOB did to get THAT assignment... great photo!
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    That's exactly what I had in mind for Blago!!....

That's a great pic - you gotta love the Chinese! No time to worry or be bothered with berms or safety, just shoot!

And you have to wonder what that poor SOB did to get THAT assignment... great photo!
    He's not Chinese.He's an Asian-American residing in DC. He was caught voting for McCain.

Thanks Capo!

It's working out quite nicely!

I've got new target frames (still wood framed for now) that are a few inches shorter, to ensure we're staying away from the top of that horse-shoe berm.

I've also got markers down at 5 yard increments, from 5 back to 25 yards... and there's at least another 15 more for staging etc. Most of the tactical exercises are done inside the 5 yard line though, so it's all good.

This weekend Saturday will be my first 'real test' at this range of running relays of 3-4 shooters at a time through various exercises. Should be plenty of room, and maybe more pics if the weather holds out. (Might get wet training this weekend.)

All in all, I'm loving the set up!

8. New Private range

AZSATT, when I lived in Arizona, I built a couple of portable target holders out of PVC pipe. They are easy to assemble, transport and set up. If one of your students gets carried away and hits the holder, they are cheap and easy enough to replace. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will re-create the plans for you.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Deal....

I'm always game to explore cost-effective alternatives. Thanks.

PM in-bound!

10. What is your locale?

I'm in Cochise County. Where is this range???!!!!

roughly 10 miles south of S.V. city limits in Hereford.
    Last edited by AZSATT; 02-05-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast