physical training? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: physical training?

I do Crunches. I like the cheese flavored ones, but 250 of 'em would be too filling for me.

As for gettin' older...yer makin' me weep, Dude! I can't remember 49, and I know I'm far from the Elder Statesman on these pages! I'll be waving back from milemarker 60 come March. Gimme a call when you get there...tell me how you're feeling then!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Jc40

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    I do Crunches. I like the cheese flavored ones, but 250 of 'em would be too filling for me.

As for gettin' older...yer makin' me weep, Dude! I can't remember 49, and I know I'm far from the Elder Statesman on these pages! I'll be waving back from milemarker 60 come March. Gimme a call when you get there...tell me how you're feeling then!
    Hopefully i will feel good and be doing well.I don`t consider 60 to be old either.My father is 80 and still very physically active every day and the good lord willing,so will i.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I am sure you all are aware, but exercise is one of the best things you can do for diabetes. I am proud to hear you are doing it. I see so many patients that don't want to change there life styles and simply want to take a "pill". While that will certainly help, it is defiantly not the best answer. Good Job.
    My weight has been constant for years,,, + or- 155#s. The docs keep saying to keep on doing whatever you have been doing.

I guess I will have to keep working in the framing industry half of the year and float tube fly fishing during the summer. Snow removal and skiing 125 days a season for about 2-3 hours a day during the winter. I gave up beer about 6-7 years ago due to SWMBO's demand and smokes about the same time on my own (I was off smokes for about 5 years during my 40s as well). I just turned 57 and arthritis is starting to catch up with me a bit,,, oh well.

YMMV

spc

Talking Training

Well, The Training I Do Is An Run And Dodge And Jump.
    For Example, Make Your Own Training Course. First 100 Feet, Going To A Forest. Then Crawl Thu Some Barrels. Jump Or Go Thu A An Old
    House. Shoot At One Of The Target In That Room. Then Run Next 350
    Yard... Then Stop. Shoot A Target At 10 Yards. By Doing This, This Help Control Your Thinking. Once Your Body Feel Tried, And Try Set
    Your Shooting In A Very Tight Groups. This What We Do In The Military And Law Enforcement.
    Billye1952
    keep your guard up
    for the home front for this country we love!

billye1952

good weapns training. btdt. need to do more of it...

With all this gout, diabetes and arthritis being discussed, I feel like a complete youngster. I'm actually only 25...but as a matter of fact, it may be good that many people wait a while before getting CWP licenses. A disturbing number of people in their 20s are irresponsible and prone to doing stupid things. Everyone who's been there knows what I'm talking about.

I have a gym membership, but as is often the case, I don't go as often as I'd like. I *am* trying to go more, though. I have for a long time done some martial arts and weight training on my own, whether I'm going to the gym regularly or not.

I really believe that an important component is eating - good nutrition will significantly magnify the results of workouts, and prevent you from having to overwork. You are literally what you eat. While I'm a card-carrying, heat-packing conservative, my diet is like that of a liberal rainbow kisser. :D Organic tofu, mushrooms, bean sprouts, the whole nine yards. If you're going to do something, borrow what works and do it well, right?

Anyway, IMO...if you carry a gun but die of a heart attack or stroke, then that's just a different (and more likely) kind of bullet. So, I eat well with the same justification as for carrying.
    Last edited by toreskha; 12-26-2007 at 12:57 AM.

Last year this time I was at about 200 lbs and I got down to about 165 by mostly changing to a healthy diet with some exercise but the exercise wasn't consistant. Since I moved to Tampa I haven't been as strict but I'll be getting back into the routine again which is riding my bike everyday and working out at least 3 times a week. Right now I've just got a weight bench and some dumbbells with a little routing a friend of mine put together.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

9. AT 50 + retired with back injurys I am the dumb bell. Who better to have ccw than us that can not duke it out anymore.

yeah...

just shooting the bad guy saves a lot of wear and tear on the bod, that's for sure!! i have had less than zero success in my pt plans, but hey, new year is coming. if i can just get started, i will be successful.

11. Recombet bike is my work out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast