physical training?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: physical training?

Red face physical training?

what kinds of P.T. do you guys do? at the moment, the only p.t. i get is at work.

Chasing grandchild.

I used to study Karate and Aikido.Then I started doing pretty steady and heavy workouts at a health club. But now that I am an Olde Phart with a bad back (handicap card) and an anyerism. I know am limited to exercise in the water so I take Ai chi, (Like Tai Chi except in a pool.) water aerobics, and arthritis exercise class also in the pool.

Red face my problem....

is the family has a crazy schedule, but i believe i have solved it {for the most part** i am having yet another bout with gout. just got over one last week. sort of. i am going to do a aerobic circuit and weapons training 3 days a week and martial arts/ combat training on two days a week. 90 minutes a day. if i can get over this gout. i read some great articles by a former lawman named jim wagner. sheepdogs need to be in the best shape possible. but ya know what? getting older is a pain in the ....foot.

I walk to the car at least twice a day. I'm religious about it...never miss a day! Also, whenever I find myself loaded with excess energy, I get up from my desk at work and walk around a bit. Drains it right off!

Training regimens like this have made me the man I am today!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

I do coffee cup lifts. Sometimes hundreds of reps per day. You'd be amazed if you saw see my biceps. (I'd be amazed if I saw my biceps)
    Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

I walk my dog.

In wintertime, I go snowboarding several times a week! But that's only for the time that there's snow.

A couple of years ago I was consistently using my Crossbow. (Not the weapon. It's like a bowflex). Then I started hurting my shoulder by not warming up enough. I haven't done much of anything since then except work around my property. I have been thinking lately I need to get back to the Crossbow. At the very least I could do some pushups every morning. In fact I think I'll do some now.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Here is a suggestion for working into an exercise program.

First get a 5 pound potato bag. Lift the bag over you head doing 10 repetitions twice a day.

After you get comfortable with the 5 pound bag go to a 10 pound potato bag.

Once you can handle that without too much difficulty go back to the 5 pound potato bag. This time put in one potato and repeat.

:D

11. As you see many of us are broken warriors. We can still shoot. My walker will have a rifle rack on it,And who but the handicapped are prime hits for crime. My friend carries a 357 in his wheel chair.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast