I was at the range the other day...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was at the range the other day...

I was at the range the other day...

...and borrowed a friends Glock.

It kept having stoppages...wasn't properly ejecting the casings.

It's kind of hard to explain, so i took a picture...

Any Ideas?
    "A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996
    greg@firearmstraining.com

It looks like you weren't holding the grip tight enough. Some of the ejection energy was diverted from the slide to your wrist, causing the hangup. Cleaning under the ejector might help too. But for all I know, you might be trying to put too big a round in the gun, causing a blockage. Doesn't look like that barrel can handle much more pressure. The blue thing might pop off.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

It's the damed tuna fish on the lid

5. You forgot to "burp" the lid! :D

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

I thought Glucks were working pretty good after HiPoint improved their design! I guess I was wrong...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I think it needs cleaning.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I don't know, it looks pretty clean to me - and I can't imaging it even firing if it wasn't burped first (you know how picky those Blocks are). I would have to say that I think it comes back to the fact that it's entirely made of plastic - I mean, you could carry that thing through a metal detector and no one would say a thing. I think you might want to tell your friend to consider a Springfield XD as a replacement, you know... a real gun. ;)
    The only difference between a liberal and a conservative is one mugging.

Did you lubricate it prior or after you burped it. If it was properly lubricated I have to agree that it is the plastic in it's design. :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Are you using HIGH cap mags .

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Are you using HIGH cap mags .
    Should be FULL CAPACITY mags.

spc ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast